All-you-can eat restaurant shuts down after customers ate all they could

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/29/all-you-can-eat-restaurant-shu.html

8 Likes

19 Likes

Yes, but did they queue up properly?

/s

16 Likes

37 Likes

A loyal following of cheapskates. I guess the lesson is if you want to start a business, choose what sort of clientele you intend to attract.

If I were a computer manufacturer for example, I would aim for Apple’s model of attracting educated affluent people who are willing to pay a premium for an aesthetic design. Rather than the PC’s model of highest performance at the lowest possible price.

5 Likes

ellen%20eating

"Now we’ve got these all-you-can-eat places… we don’t need to be eating all we can eat… WE’RE NOT BEARS!’’
-Ellen Degeneres

16 Likes

My Dead Lifting Team has been banned from many a “all you can eat” place, but the hunt goes on.

6 Likes

The card was a bad idea. All you can eat works when you charge each person but when you give them a free pass card… well.

16 Likes

Aye, that’s a pretty terrible idea.

14 Likes

I got barred from an all you can eat place when I was 15. I was 6’4 and had a 28" waist. And I could eat from the moment they opened until the moment they closed in the evening. They didn’t think it was as funny as I did.

Now the monthly card idea. That’s a really darn stupid idea.

11 Likes

Cue John Pinette…

3 Likes

Yeah, my high school lifting buddy was 6’2 and 225 lbs. at 14 years old, he wasn’t invited over for dinner anywhere twice.

6 Likes

Sometimes you have to watch the wording.

About fifteen years go a local Dairy Queen ran a coupon in one of the student newspapers, a free cone. Bu, they didn’t print an expiry date on it, or any other conditions. I noticed, and grabbed bunch of the papers. My friend Helen , who was homeless, either discovered it herself or I told her, and she grabbed a bunch. I went back, got some more, but noticed someone had hone through a bunch, neatly removing the coupon and nothing more.

Helen took advantage of it, but eventually the place told her not to come back. I cant remember if I ever got a free cone, I grabbed the coupons because it’s better to have them and not use them than to not have coupons. I kept finding those coupon for a while, stashed in pockets and other places. I know I gave some to other homeless people.

Technically, those coupons are still good, a little mistake can be costly. It makes me wonder if the owner realized the mistake and was the one who carefully extracted the coupons from the newspaper.

Michael

5 Likes

Poor Ziggy, things go so wrong for him:

9 Likes

Ah, China, where Pizza Hut customers “optimized” their salad bar visits so viciously that they had to get rid of all salad bars.

23 Likes

That’s quite large. My 14 year old son’s a little bigger, though. He’s not skinny like I was; he looks like a shotputter. He’s going to start lifting this fall, now that puberty seems to be wrapping up.

I take him and his friends to Fogo de Chao for birthdays. They aren’t losing money at their prices.

5 Likes

Lifting for 50 years, I never thought it would be so meditative, but here I am, never miss a day, it’s my sunshine for my soul.

9 Likes

That’s so cool. BB posters never cease to bedazzle me with views of their afk lives.

11 Likes

It’s a very fine line between gluttony and architecture.

9 Likes

Hold on! Is that a funny Ziggy cartoon? I thought that was an oxymoron, like “dry rain” or “compassionate conservatism”.

4 Likes