Man critical of decision to site two virtually identical tire shops next to same Taco Bell

Are you saying we should put the breaks on?

9 Likes

Probably, otherwise we’ll just keep going round and round.

11 Likes

I hear he went there because his rims were shot.

18 Likes

15 Likes

He would have gone next door but he was already two tired.

11 Likes

d5917d19a5cf8aea4f15b398204c37a576fde323_phixr

14 Likes

Anyway, methinks the lady doth aquaplane too much. He knows he made a pirelli stupid mistake, and now he’s trying to retread alloys* by playing firestone loose with the truth.

* recruit allies

10 Likes

Maybe he should have checked the Guide Michelin first.

10 Likes

New York long timers help me out here:
When I first moved to NYC in the early 2000s there were two stereo/electronics stores on canal street across the street from each other with the same name. Google is being really unhelpful it seems because finding info on something that specific that wasn’t around for long before everyone had an iPhone is apparently hard.
Something like original eddy’s And the first Eddy’s… but that’s not it. Dang it this is gonna drive me nuts.

5 Likes

Last time I was in Kansas City I was thrilled to realize that the coffee shop “broadway cafe” that was there in the early 1990s was not run out of business by the Starbucks that opened next door, and in fact broadway cafe was still there and Starbucks was gone. Seems like that’s an exceptional case.

6 Likes

Hey, at least it’s just the businesses! Here in Massachusetts it’s the roads themselves that are out to get you. Here we’ve got two consecutive left turns, a right turn between them, and the first right turn off of that right turn, all named “Commercial Street.”

https://www.google.com/maps/place/928-878+Broad+St,+Weymouth,+MA+02189/@42.2154699,-70.9242563,19z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89e363ccb6b8d36b:0x31aba6fa66f498b8!8m2!3d42.21547!4d-70.9237091

7 Likes

This. Is. So. Freaking. True.

I went apartment hunting once, and the apartment was located at the corner of (I wish I remember the actual name, but it was something like) Oakland street and Oakland street.

4 Likes

The closest chain restaurant equivalent to Taco Bell is Del Taco.

4 Likes

I wanted to see if the restaurant on the other side of the tire shop was a Chipotle

To say that Taco Bell and Chipotle are are similar as Tire Discounters and Discount Tires is really, really far off in my opinion. The “food” they sell are in totally different leagues. Food is in quotes because I am not so sure the stuff they sell at Taco Bell counts as food.

4 Likes

My wife and I declined to put in an offer on a house near that intersection, in part because we knew we couldn’t reliably tell people how to get there.

5 Likes

That drives me nuts. In Kansas City they even do it with numbered streets. You can see 23rd Street followed by 23rd Terrace then 24th Street then 24th Terrace.

2 Likes

Yeah, just chill, folks. Maybe put on some soothing music in heavy rotation.

7 Likes

Oh yeah.

And don’t forget, if you’re using GPS directions, Google maps often autocorrects to what it thinks you meant. Another town near me has a Morrison Street and a Morrison Road that aren’t near each other, and the first time I typed in the former (not knowing the other existed) Maps automatically took me to the latter.

2 Likes

Food is in quotes because I am not so sure the stuff they sell at Taco Bell counts as food.

Given how many times the local Chipotle has been shut down by the health department, I’m not sure what they’re selling counts as food either anymore. At least the local Taco Bell seems to understand the need to train their poorly-paid employees on food safety.

2 Likes

I was gonna suggest Taco John’s… but aside from name similarity, I looked at their menu and it actually seemed edible, so never mind.