Man declares war on a potted plant

Originally published at: Man declares war on a potted plant | Boing Boing

4 Likes

That plant slept with his wife. The sign watched.

18 Likes

I’d like to think that he knew the camera was there, and this was performance.

7 Likes

I hope he didn’t go off on a person later on, but honestly i kind of doubt it

5 Likes

I had an older sib that yelled/railed at inanimate objects, he went bye bye, the objects are still here.

2 Likes

I think he got it all out.

2 Likes

I’m guessing that Elon’s tweets keep fucking up his crypto portfolio.

10 Likes

Except the plant.

2 Likes

Are we sure it’s not Shia LaBeouf… acting?

1 Like

To be fair, that plant was a punk and got what it deserved. And the sign should know enough to keep it’s damn mouth shut!

5 Likes

I hate to victim blame, but I I suspect all-caps and exclamation points didn’t help.

2 Likes

I seriously think he did this because he didn’t want to hurt a person, but he needed to boil off his rage. I also suspect he switched form the plant to punching the sign because he felt bad about the damage he was doing to the plant, but the need to punch something was still there.

Why will remain a mystery. Did his girlfriend leave him? Did he lose a job or get a ticket? Did a loved one die? We will most likely never know.

2 Likes

HULK POTASH!

6 Likes

Given how many inanimate objects conspire against me on a daily basis, I’d give this guy some sympathy, except that these aren’t the inanimate objects he wants. They did nothing to him.

1 Like

Someone I love very much was diagnosed several years ago with severe bipolar disorder. This is one of the kindest, most peaceful humans I’ve ever known. He tried various drug combinations to level out. One in particular caused him to have a mental break where he found the road reflectors beside a highway threatening and stopped to pull up several with his bare hands on his way home. When he woke up the next morning he found over a dozen of them in his trunk. Whenever I see a video like this I’m reminded that we may have no idea what a person is going through.

10 Likes

A certain percentage of the users I run into start out not understanding the lesson there. I try to set them straight as soon as possible:

People are so used to dealing with other people, who respond to them getting emotional by getting emotional; and some of them just kind of hit a mental wall in the face of a machine that maintains absolute equilibrium no matter how worked up they get; and which only ends up costing them money if they try to escalate the situation.

Some learn; some “I can’t lie to you about your chances; but you have my sympathies…”

2 Likes

Did it have to pay a hundred dollars?

4 Likes

Tyler Durden : Where’d you go, psycho boy?

Narrator : I felt like destroying something beautiful.

1 Like

I got more of a Hudson from Aliens vibe:
"C'mon, you bastards! Oh, you too? Oh, you want some?"
(NSFW Link)

Wow, that’s really hard on the poor bush, but at least the sign can stand up for itself…