Man demonstrating his catcall repertoire is surprised to learn no one likes it

7 Likes

I think you need to go fill in Lawrie Penny’s survey/Man Quiz.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7BSBYQS

And keep an eye out for her results/follow ups.

Do you try to get threads here to take these bizarre tangents, or does that just sort of happen when you get involved?

1 Like

Maybe you’re asking the wrong sort of questions? If you want to know what makes a picture stir your spirit, do you ask about the dimensions of the frame?

Humans are complicated. That’s why I like them. :smile:

1 Like

I don’t consider myself a “man”, so I approach it with some trepidation. I might try to participate, but questionnaires almost always offend my sensibilities.

EDIT: Sure enough, most of the questions are more about what it means to be a man, in various contexts. I don’t think I can help her with that!

Well, I don’t think of them as bizarre tangents! Usually, what happens is that the topics seem to refer to a superficial aspect of something more fundamental. So when I approach it from these perspectives people balk a bit. When it comes to emotionally invested protocols which people unconsciously take for granted, things get very weird. A lot of it is that I tend to find reality much simpler than people tell me it is. People seem to have their funny rituals, and I think that’s cool. I do also. But I tend to like analyzing and comparing them more than most do, it seems.

1 Like

I sort of suggested it because of this, which she reported on what she’s being asked so far:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.