Man dies after being run over by WWII tank on Jelly Belly chairman's property

[Read the post]

I suspect that is supposed to read “1944 M5 tank” And sitting on the front of a tank when it is moving is exactly as stupid as sitting on the hood of a car when it is moving, for exactly the same reason.

6 Likes

Assuming the article is correct in identifying the tank, it’s the M3 Stuart that squished the unfortunate rider. So the picture in the article is incorrect, as it is a picture of the 1960s British self propelled artillery FV433 Abbot.

2 Likes

And the TV news report called it an armored truck while showing a picture of what looked to me to be a truck with tracks. So, who knows…

2 Likes

The aristocrats!

4 Likes

I’m impatient today, so I’m going to skip ahead about 73 comments and jump straight to the inevitable reply:

Because when tanks are outlawed, only outlaws will have tanks.

2 Likes

“Some of us have plenty of legitimate uses for a tank!”

1 Like

The chairman of Jelly Belly has a bunch of tanks? …Jelly Belly and Tanks in the same sentence is causing me some cognitive dissonance.

2 Likes

Never having successfully unlinked Jelly Belly from Ronald Reagan, the association with tanks just kinda made sense for me. (Though I didn’t think of why before you mentioned it.)

2 Likes

“If it weren’t for those tank grabbers in Washington!”

Corporate warfare is very real. Can’t let those bastards at Brach get the upper hand.

2 Likes

Wow… Dick Chaney only shoots them in the face.

3 Likes

Why? Both are sweet.

1 Like

Tanks are pretty handy recovery vehicles, for example.

1 Like

Daang. I recently got home from my family reunion and the most exciting thing that happened was the cake.

My family is (relatively) boring, though there have been times I have been thankful that some of us didn’t have access to heavy weaponry.

1 Like

Some tanks are relatively safe to sit on, but the M5…

The front of that thing is so steep it doesn’t even register to me as a potential seating platform, even when it’s not bouncing around going downhill.

EDIT: I was reading from the RSS feed and so didn’t see Mark’s update. The M5 Tractor:

Doesn’t seem to have a good place to sit on the front of either. This example is bare-bones, though; Rowland’s might be more accessorized.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.