Man displays speed and agility by trying to punch bear trap before it can close

Is this a fake trap?
(i muted the audio about 20seconds in, the constant OTT arguing was absurdly annoying. Put on for drama reasons?)

• It seems there was no possible way the person could have moved their arm back quick enough, and in the slowmo it looks like they didn’t even attempt to do so.
  • No damage we can see seems to have been caused (i’d expect blood here at least, plus a likely broken arm too)

So i’d put my money on this being a setup, and a highly non-entertaining attempt at one at that.

4 Likes

On the one hand: no blood. On the other: left hand.

Phillipines. Which, they do in rural areas have the crucifixion reenactments. But that is very different from messing with rattlesnakes.

10 Likes

I think he intended to just get “bit”.

Large traps are just designed to hold an animal there. There isn’t necessarily blood… until you try to knaw your leg off.

Small traps for smaller animals are designed to snap and kill, like an over sized mouse trap, and again, there isn’t usually blood.

So yes, it was a Jackass type stunt, but looks like a real trap to me.

1 Like

The video Rob provides a link to:

Is more impressive. That’s an actual bear trap, not one that looks more wolf-sized. In slo-mo, you can see that he doesn’t punch the trigger but jabs it with his fingertips.

It occurs to me that one could modify the trap by weakening the springs, which would slow it down, as well as reducing the potential damage.

2 Likes

all you have to do is find the item that fits in the jaws above the jaw axis but what material …dumb I know but effective
depends what your trying to prove genius

Faith trap. A kind of praying with snakes routine trend could start with these videos. Playing with traps for my deity. Extreme religion…

Bears must be pretty dumb to fall for that. There’s a damn sign on the side!

10 Likes

It only works for bears that cannot read english. Pandas bears would fall into this trap.

5 Likes

Oh, snap!

3 Likes

I’m glad it doesn’t work with marmalade sandwich loving bears from darkest Peru.

6 Likes

It could if they used marmalade for bait.

2 Likes

I think you had that comment nailed after the first four words there.

3 Likes

What the hell is that logo?

Because bear traps, by design, close that fast. He very likely has broken bones, as well.

1 Like

Pretty sure all bears love marmalade, inside or outside of darkest Peru.

2 Likes

A bear got into a supply shed when my dad lived in Alaska. There was an old gallon tin of molasses in there. The bear bit it open and lapped up the whole thing.

2 Likes

Is that a MAGA hat?

I want it to be a MAGA hat.

2 Likes
2 Likes