Man dressed as bulldozer cleans snow off street

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/04/man-dressed-as-bulldozer-cleans-snow-off-street.html

8 Likes

Honestly I think I prefer this guy to the Michael Bay Transformers movies.

11 Likes

He’s not really “dressed as a bulldozer”, he is using a snow thrower cab:

(from https://www.originalcab.com/Snow-Thrower-Cab-Fits-Ariens-2001-2009-8-13-HP-20123.html)

If you have ever had the opportunity to use a snow “blower” [sic] on a windy day, trying to send the stream across the oncoming wind and avoid getting it back in your face, you will appreciate the need for such a thing.

27 Likes

This is an available accessory for walk behind snow blowing.

5 Likes

Yup, been there. I wonder how hard it would be to use the engine waste heat to warm the cab, too.

8 Likes

@HappyTrees
Yup, been there. I wonder how hard it would be to use the engine waste heat to warm the cab, too.

Not sure I would trust such a design to exclude carbon monoxide poisoning (from any source), and not melt the plastic.

10 Likes

Ahh, news for people in warm climates. Those of us who live where it snows know exactly what this is and why you use them.

3 Likes

Forget the snowblower, this is my pandemic wear from now on.

2 Likes

They called him Bulldozer.

3 Likes
1 Like

But the yellow wellies really make it work. :wink:

3 Likes

Blimey! Joe Bugner? And, weirdly, IMDB only lists it with its foreign language title or as “Uppercut” as the English title.

2 Likes

If you could extend the exhaust pipe a bit, then put a coil of tubing around it with the intake on the other side and the output going into cab, it would probably give a bit of heat. It would definitely reduce the amount of CO you get compared to being directly exposed to the exhaust as is the norm without a cab. Plus the backs of those things are usually open so there won’t be much CO or heat buildup.

Nothing like a face full of snow AND exhaust when the wind turns! My model has electric coils on the handles at least so that helps. But usually after 15 20 minutes of wrassling the thing around, heat is no longer an issue!

3 Likes

Looks pretty functional to me-- more breathable than a slicker plus you keep flying snow from coating you.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.