Man ejected out of RV on freeway, flew across median, and survived! (video)

Originally published at: Man ejected out of RV on freeway, flew across median, and survived! (video) - Boing Boing

1 Like

Wear your seat belts, kids.

14 Likes

Next year the man and family will be living as millionaires after successfully suing the rv maker and their choice to design the seats so high or windows so low. But no personal responsibility will be acknowledged.

2 Likes

Hey! That…was just a Jeep SUV? That wasn’t the human flight I wanted! And it wasn’t being ‘ejected into the oncoming lane’ as the Video Expert stated either. It looks pretty survivable though? Hope that’s in play. Train yourself to gently wind down from 400 HP leg day if weightless in sleep, using a human flight vehicle recovery wearable, kids?! [Any opinions on whether the door opened just as it should have or not? Best to wake one’s sleep-driving S.O. from outside the vehicle, so no foul?]

2 Likes

Not sure what you’re going on about. He was in an RV in the passenger seat. He somehow flew across his wife who was driving and asleep when she hit the median. He went through the window shattering it. He crossed the median and slid 600 feet right next to oncoming traffic. He had broken bones and a gash on his forehead. He was found conscious though and was asking if his wife was ok. Amazing that he is alive.

3 Likes

Hi David,
“Other car accident posts here.”

It’s crash, not accident.

1 Like

The text from the story said he had got out of his seat to use the restroom. He saw his wife fall asleep so he grabbed the wheel.

Sounds like he was standing next to her.

My wife walks about the RV all the time when I’m driving. She sometimes take a nap in the bed or on the couch or sits at the table and has a cup of coffee.

May or may not be a good idea but I normally don’t sleep while driving. Of course other people do so we might rethink her riding habits.

They were only a few minutes away from their Valencia home when he had to use the restroom. That’s when he realized his wife had dozed off. As the RV began to swerve off, Patrick tried to grab a hold of the wheel and straighten out, but it was too late, and the RV had slammed into the wall. He had worn his seatbelt the entire time until that moment.

3 Likes

Definitely!

I will add, though, that this looks like a Class A motorhome. In many of those, passengers beyond the 2 in the front seats will be sitting in places like couches and dining tables that may not have seat belts at all. It’s also legal to get up, walk around, or use the bathroom, like on a bus. Not necessarily a good idea, but it is one of the reasons some people choose motorhomes instead of other RV types.

1 Like

Ok, the article has evolved since yesterday. When i read it yesterday they didnt have the interview with the guy who road-rashed.

Chris Pratt Marvel GIF

2 Likes

In San Francisco last Sunday, a car flew off a freeway off ramp and crashed into the second story of a residential building. The driver survived.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.