Man fined $190 for not putting a leash on his pet snake, Lucy

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/07/man-fined-190-for-not-putting.html

4 Likes

“Snakes fall under the same restrictions as cats and dogs”

Most snakes are not sprinters, nor do they bark at passerby WHY IS THIS EVEN A THING?

19 Likes

I needz a photoshop.

8 Likes

But a snake is the only pet that IS its own leash.

45 Likes

11 Likes

“Snake on a Leash” doesn’t just sound like a song, but it sounds like a good song.

20 Likes

A properly fitted leash limits the size of child the snake can swallow. Infants should be securely fastened to a car seat or similar large object.

28 Likes

At least it wasn’t a parakeet.

4 Likes

I searched for snake leash but the free market let me down. :snake:

20 Likes

Lasso that danger noodle else we’ll ticket you!

10 Likes

In an alternate universe I saw Danger Noodle play at a punk club in the 80’s before they went mainstream.

13 Likes

21 Likes

I really did search (why not) and found a variety snake themed leashes. But no leashes for snakes. I was kind of expecting one one to show up on Etsy just as a gag gift.

3 Likes

And who exactly will be in charge of deciding which park of the snake constitutes the neck, thereby ensuring correct leashing…?!

5 Likes

I mean, you could put a mandible component on the leash but snek can still just… go backwards.

I guess the rule is that its a pet and its supposed to be restrained.

3 Likes

I have a pet reptile.
I don’t walk around the park with it. It’s weird.

10 Likes

8 Likes

I have a friend who used to have a very large monitor lizard that he’d walk sometimes on a leash.

The thing was terrifying. He’d feed it live mice at first (which it swallowed whole), until it got big. Then he switched to feeder rats.

5 Likes

Feeling like a snake on a leash (You wanna see the grass)
Feeling like I have no release (So do I)
How many times have I climbed up the trees (You wanna see the leaves)
Nothing in my life is free, is free

6 Likes