Man fined $471 for calling Putin a “fantastical f***head”

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/25/man-fined-471-for-calling-put.html

2 Likes

I kinda get the feeling he’s lucky he wasn’t disappeared.

14 Likes

A Tsar – “democratically” elected or otherwise annointed – is not a Tsar without lèse-majesté laws.

10 Likes

Christ, what a fantastical fuckhead.

29 Likes

Thank Dog any such law is a direct violation of 1A in the US. Suck it, Cheeto Mussolini.

16 Likes

Putin: Sorry, you mean write #Putinisfantasticalaf***, yes? Is simple typo.

Kartyzhev: Nyet.

Putin: I see…

1 Like

A bargain at twice the price.

Some people can’t speak their minds even if they’re prepared to pay thousands more.

3 Likes

Wow. Can you imagine how excited Trump would be if he could charge everyone $471 for each time they insulted him? Why, the thrill alone might kill him.

13 Likes

8 Likes

saying anything “disrespectful” about government officials.

Guess what I’m doing right now?

17 Likes

Worth it?

2 Likes

Putin is a wholly unfantastical fuckhead.

7 Likes

Corporations are people. Money is free speech. And the First Amendment (currently) protects the right for powerful people to contribute to campaigns any way they see fit. I mean obviously that’s not what was intended when the Constitution was written in the 18th century, but that’s where we ended up in the 21st century.

Well, we can ask Desiree Fairooz how much she had to spend on lawyers defending against the charge of laughing at Jeff Sessions. The sort of lawyer who will get something thrown out on 1A grounds may cost more than $471 per hour.

11 Likes

Would ridiculous exaggerations also be considered “disrespectful”, a la the whole Chuck Norris meme?

I can see the defendant in court saying “No, your honor, I really did believe our fine and honest president built the hospital that he was born in!”

3 Likes

Yes. The Russian courts are entirely without a sense of humor about things that annoy the Kremlin.

2 Likes

4 Likes

For now.

I expect certain members of the SC are even now looking for the loophole that will let something through (The “No Fake News” exception, say).

Either that, or in becoming extreme dictator, the Constitution just gets burned.

4 Likes

A fine. A $471 fine. Somewhere Josef Stalin is rolling over in his grave.

4 Likes

Putin has absolutely no balls whatsoever.

Fining a man for insulting you is just the absolute depths of all kinds of pathetic.

What a fantastical, ball-less crybaby fuckhead.
Russia is full of ninny boys who wither like flowers when they are insulted.

Hey Putin, grow a pair. Pathetic, sad.

5 Likes