Man in rainy California hops out of truck to catch fish with bare hands on flooded road (video)

Originally published at: Man in rainy California hops out of truck to catch fish with bare hands on flooded road (video) | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I could totally see my dad doing something like that.

3 Likes

All my fellow California Happy Mutants, be safe out there! On top of all else, I’m nursing a very finicky out flow from my bathrooms – I’m not calling a plumber out in this crap.

4 Likes

I was gonna say “If it’s deep enough for fishing, cars should not be driving in it”. Then I realized the fish was probably catchable-by-bare-hands because it wasn’t able to fully submerge.

1 Like

:’ (
poor fish!

5 Likes

Looks like a common carp, which is invasive. Hopefully dude took it out of the ecosystem.

3 Likes

Awhhh, suddenly sashimi! I hate it when that happens.

Hard to tell. Looked more like a brown trout to me, with the adipose fin. Non-native, but not invasive if so, and probably not a legal take method. If so, that’s a trophy brown!

2 Likes

When does pick-up-fish-from-road season begin?

7 Likes

Rowvember 32nd.

7 Likes

… did he throw dynamite in the street first :confused:

1 Like

Spoken like a true duke of trout.
(Yeah, dude could find himself on the wrong side of a game warden)

2 Likes

Probably shouldn’t eat it though: Locally caught fish are full of dangerous chemicals called PFAS | CNN
Or maybe road fish is ok.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.