Man in the big straw hat takes down gunman

Well, if the straw hat and mustache fit:

“Well, hey, I didn’t spend all those years playing Dungeons and Dragons and not learn a little something about courage.”

1 Like

2 Likes

NAILED IT.

3 Likes

I hope nobody here breaks their own arm by patting themselves on the back too hard!

5 Likes

Often, in times of despair,
people will turn to a man in a big hat,
and say “illuminate the way”.

4 Likes

Oh, I was so hoping that would be a haiku

4 Likes

I just sort of spun it out. But you are right, it should have been a haiku.

3 Likes

Don’t be caught unprepared!

emergency-moustache

10 Likes

i came for the video - but ended up enjoying the comments fight so much more.

i feel (these are my feelings, no one else’s) that if more people acted like the Mustachioed man? instead of running, cowering, and acting ONLY in YOUR best interest?

bad guys would think twice about this bullshittery.

they would think “maybe someone else is gonna take off his glasses and kick my ass all over the store - I better shape up and get a damn job”

just my feelings… no need to argue and tell me why I feel wrongly.

5 Likes

I came here to make this exact post. I leave satisfied.

8 Likes

The man in the hat
Will illuminate the way
in times of despair

8 Likes

What would everyone’s analysis be if mustache jumps guy but gun goes off and kills a patron?

If you would still get on here and post that he did the right thing, then you are being consistent. Otherwise you are using faulty logic.

I don’t know if he did the right thing (or even if there is a “right” thing) but I suspect I would have done the same.

1 Like

Cashier gal on the telephone, talking to the cops: “Never mind.”

3 Likes

Must mean giving bad guys shiners.

2 Likes

The older I get, the more I recognize that the people who say you shouldn’t do anything (or anything you might do or did was incorrect) (usually up to and including how you feel about it) when you are violated are often the very ones with their hands in your pocket, or someone elses. Not a cheap lesson to learn.

4 Likes

That the video had been edited by someone who has to fabricate evidence to not be wrong.

Possibly that someone has tried to use a false dichotomy to illustrate how smart and kind they are not being, and how intolerant and frightened they are of other peoples free will.

Words to live by:

4 Likes

Emergency translation 'stache

5 Likes

I’m not going to defend the guy for what he did, were I in his place, I would not do that.
However… I am not at all surprised that a guy like this does not give a fuck if he or other people get killed, the robber should have known that too. Contrary to what some may believe, Mexico is not filled with guys in sombreros and impressive mustaches, from the looks of it this guy is quite possibly a rancher*, and ranchers do not respond to threats lightly. At least not in my experience.

6 Likes

The first contact our mustachioed hero makes is to position the gun down and away from that bystander. The gun hits the floor so fast he may very well have grabbed the firearm directly and wrenched it loose.

Also, did you miss the disaster training memo? If you can’t hide and flee to safety, the “experts” now reccommend finding a makeshift weapon and fighting as a last resort. Obviously his mustache was primed and ready to go, so no other weaponry was required.

9 Likes