Man in truck rams Dallas TV station then starts ranting at it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/05/man-in-truck-rams-dallas-tv-st.html

4 Likes

Tired of reruns?

13 Likes

At least he was just ranting.

8 Likes

Should we start taking betting odds on the likely “cause” of his disturbing actions?

I’ll start with 10:1 odds with treason being mentioned he’s mad at Gaius Cassius Longinus for something.

6 Likes

Dude, we have Twitter now. You don’t need to mess up your truck to get attention!

9 Likes

That is the look of a man who believes he was sent back from the future to warn us.

22 Likes

He was the passenger in the car when Roberto Carlos Hernandez fatally was shot by a Denton Sheriff’s dept. deputy in 2012. He believes the police want him dead.

14 Likes

This seems to be a bad way of avoiding contact with law enforcement.

5 Likes

Joking aside, it looks like he was yelling “high treason against me” and feels that it’s the cops that were committing it.

Among the papers were printouts of a WFAA article about Fry from 2012. The article was a story about an officer-involved shooting in Denton County. A driver, Roberto Carlos Hernandez, was accused of ramming a sheriff deputy’s cruiser and was fatally shot by the deputy. Fry was a passenger in the vehicle.

The printout of the article was covered in rambling handwriting, referencing “high treason” and “witchery,” conspiracies and accusing police officials of being “payed off.”

“They tryed to kill me,” the handwriting said. “And they missed. And hit him.”

As he walked into the jail on Wednesday, Fry told reporters, “They were trying to kill me, and they missed and they killed Roberto Carlos Hernandez. Ever since I’ve been running for my life and I don’t know what to do.”

[source]

6 Likes

I see why they were friends.

3 Likes

Still upset that they cancelled Firefly.

9 Likes

Was that the stock photo of him that they already had on file?

3 Likes

body_snatchers_youre_next

2 Likes

Who isn’t? and all that blah merch that they’ve made since, yuck.

When we went into the office we saw him and he was in the bed of his truck and he was throwing boxes into the street and then just grabbing handfuls of paper and throwing handfuls of paper into the street as well… Originally when he was in the bed of the truck he was yelling out ‘High treason! High treason!’

And this is why you don’t do ALL your meth before going out and distribute flyers for your new Punk/Metal band.

6 Likes

He wasn’t trying to avoid them. He was trying to get the attention of the press. The police were never held accountable for murdering Hernandez and after 10 years of rattling cages and trying to bring attention to the unjustifiable homicide of his friend, he finally snapped.

4 Likes

I thought the crazies tuned into Fox. Not drive into it.

1 Like

True. He could’ve been raving.

4 Likes

But you do have to use Twitter in that scenario, so there are still trade-offs.

Right. That.

They turned into Fox, then backed up and turned into it again.

2 Likes

I find it oddly refreshing that he got as far as he did without shooting a gun.

5 Likes