Ex-cop investigating "election fraud" arrested after ramming van and threatening driver

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/16/ex-cop-investigating-election-fraud-arrested-after-ramming-van-and-threatening-driver.html

6 Likes

20 Likes

Seems wasteful when there are so many right-wing nutjobs willing to threaten innocent people with firearms for free.

29 Likes

I had heard about but hadn’t read details on this story and assumed the incident had just occurred recently. I’m amazed to find out it happened in October but they just arrested Aguirre this week. I too live in Texas but am not an ex-cop (or current cop or any kind of cop). Pretty sure if I rammed a vehicle and pulled a gun on someone I would be in a jail cell within the hour, but of course I would never do that because I am not a total fucking nutjob.

28 Likes

Why do you think he is an EX-cop in the first place?

7 Likes

He crossed the line from dirty politics to commission of a violent crime

This strikes me as odd now that it’s become clear that “dirty politics” for conservatives is not “merely” trying to game and pervert liberal democracy but actively attempting to destroy it.

21 Likes

Aguirre, the wrath of GOP.

17 Likes

Seems like the violence and resulting intimidation is the point. Its certainly part of the rhetoric and evidant fantasy of “fixing things”.

8 Likes

Because freelancing pays better?

15 Likes

Jesus… if terrorist don’t kill someone, it is going to be a nut job tilting at windmills.

6 Likes

Man, I really wish I was savvy enough to put myself in a position to do this. Grifting the grifters is a fantasy alternate lifetime for me. I’d just make shit up and send in reports every day while actually doing nothing. Maybe stage some dramatic dash cam footage with my buddies.

16 Likes

Everyone seems to know that MAGA is going to melt down in January when it sinks in that Trump isn’t going to be president anymore.

Don’t lul yourself into complacency. None of the trump/gop war on democracy will stop after inauguration. They will do everything they can to cause chaos and failure real or invented so they can blame it on the democrats, and campaign against that in 2022 and 2024.

13 Likes

The election version of the Comet Pizza shooter.

8 Likes

I took that as meaning “melt down” in the nuclear sense rather than in the sense of melting away. We’re in for some rough times ahead.

13 Likes

That group was only incorporated in August. No doubt there are connections back to other groups.

6 Likes

“Now I’ve added some exciting music to this chase footage. I hope this doesn’t distract from the clear evidence I’m presenting.”

8 Likes

What do you think terrorists are?

7 Likes

I love the implication here that “dirty politics” i.e. trying to fabricate evidence of voter fraud is perfectly acceptable, but we draw the line at violent crime.

5 Likes

I think there is a difference between people who have severe ideological views, and people who are imagining an AC repair van is full of illegal ballots.

Most terrorists aren’t nut jobs, IMO.

Though to be fair, my insinuation this ex-cop is a nut job may not be true.

1 Like

Congress meets to officially count the electoral votes on Jan 6. I’m sure someone will try something.

To my surprise McConnell has asked his Senate colleagues to not try to contest the vote, probably because he knows it won’t do any good. But that doesn’t mean that some yahoos won’t try to do something stupid like storm the Capitol. I’m 100% certain that there will be a protest in front, and there’s a high chance they’ll try to escalate.

The next date is the inauguration on Jan 20. I’m worried that Trump will refuse to leave, and call on his base to defend him. It’s not going to end well.

4 Likes