Man intentionally lets himself get stung by incredibly painful Executioner Wasp

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/21/man-intentionally-lets-himself.html

3 Likes

16 Likes

I cannot support this.

4 Likes

49%20AM

17 Likes

It must be nice to get paid for broadcasting your paraphilias on YouTube

5 Likes

I am so glad Coyote gets his educational entertainment on to drive home to me how important it is to keep away from the tarantula hawks and red velvet ants I encounter each summer.

1 Like
6 Likes

Why is it lately…the things on Youtube my 10 year old shows me then seem to tun up on BB within a couple weeks?

I have no doubt the sting hurts. Does it hurt to the level of this dude’s reaction?..I have doubts.

Scratch Costa Rica off the bucket list.

1 Like

Darwin… watching this… a funny little smirk on his face… slowly nodding his head.

2 Likes

I skipped around so I missed the part where he squishes the wasp. He squishes the wasp, right? Because fuck wasps.

5 Likes

fark_pxhzjf5WuKTG856UBjbP_GWykiI

5 Likes

Sad waste of a perfectly good wasp on a total dope, if you ask me.

2 Likes

He doesn’t kill any of the animals that he pain tests.

5 Likes

He says it hurt as much as the Tarantula Hawk’s sting and the Bullet Ant’s bite sting.

Fixed it for you! It’s all stings. Except for the toe biter, but that’s a whole different order.

2 Likes

Nic Cage would have done that scene a zillion times better.

8 Likes

I have been watching the channel for about a month. I watched an interview with him (the hot wings interview channel) and he was pretty open that about 10% of his content is the bites and stings stuff and it is to bring in the new viewers. The rest is about animals and ecology. I saw a clip of him on some sort of tour from city to city and 10 year olds were lined up screaming for him to talk about science like he was a modern day Beatles. So yes, he seems to understand what he needs to do to engage a young audience about science topics and keep them engaged. It’s fun and interesting.

9 Likes

Wow. Need for two Wicker Man gifs in one day.

WICKER-MAN

2 Likes

Well, boys will be boys.

His goal must be total commitment, because in my world that there is plenty enough to warrant a psych hold. Ouch!