Man intentionally lets himself get stung by incredibly painful Executioner Wasp

Man does something intentionally that you’ll have to watch a 21:00 min video to see. Pass.

2 Likes

That’s because he has the gall to make his videos have educational elements rather than going straight for the money shot.

7 Likes

Not just stings:

3 Likes

I can’t believe he’s still single!

3 Likes

That’s a fair cop.

Maybe it’s that the quick-click-here headline suggested there was a simple answer rather than saying “Learn Something Interesting about Executioner Wasps” (or that many youtube videos drag out their simple “Look at this Dumbass Thing I Did” premise forever) but I accept that I commented without viewing. I’ll free up 21:00 min tomorrow.

Thanks, ficuswhisperer.

3 Likes

I mean, he’s hamming it up a lot before he even makes the wasp sting him.

Interesting how. In his narration. He has. The nature/adventure cadence. Down pat.

6 Likes

Yeah, disappointed that Boing Boing gave a platform to this click-seeking Jackassery. This is not a Mostly Wonderful Thing.

You seem Disappointed.

5 Likes

Right! I was all ready to gross out my daughter with this and she rolled her eyes like I was acting if I was telling her of some new band that went out of vogue in 2007.

@milliefink @bobtato

Why, I was reminded of a young William Shatner!

3 Likes

For my next trick, a stingray to the chest.

1 Like

is this just a reenactment of this Johns Hopkins book?

“Jungle Jackass”

1 Like
3 Likes

Too soon.

1 Like

Sorry for that.

It says “he says it hurt as much as the Tarantula Hawk’s sting and Bullet Ant’s bite”.

This article is technically inaccurate, first of all, both are stings not bites, and second, he even said in the video that the executioner wasp’s sting surpassed both the previous insects, which means it’s the king of insect stings.
Sorry bullet ant.

Plus the wasp’s stinger barely went through his arm and if just a scratch causes that much pain, then if it got stuck in his arm and continued pumping venom, the pain must be indescribable.
Remember how he felt when he got bitten by the Giant Desert Centipede?
That caused so much pain that he stopped filming & didn’t sleep for 36 hours, yet it made the bullet ant feel like a bee sting in & 30 bee stings on the face feel like facial moisturizer in comparison, and it was just shy of his worst pain in his life, the Gila Monster’s bite, which was actually accidental.
Both were bites, and this mentions stings, but you get the point.

Most people can’t tolerate the sting of the executioner wasp & he took it to teach us about them.

The biggest problem with the video was that it was filmed before he got stung by the Japanese Giant Hornet, yet he said that also surpassed the tarantula hawk and bullet ant, but given that he posted that before he posted this(and his agony) would indicate that the executioner wasp is the king of stings as far as insects go.

1 Like

I can easily believe it. Regular wasps suck, multiply that pain by 2 or 3 and Im going to be screaming. But these things are way more than 3x the power Im guessing?

1 Like