Man jailed for 90 days waiting for tests to prove drywall dust in his car wasn't cocaine

Will he take “sorry”? Or will he sue? Ain’t no difference between the two.

1 Like

How much is he being charged for room and board?

3 Likes

Ho boy i really hope he sues the shit out these idiots

4 Likes

The scenario is: Ex-con with a small amount of cocaine for personal use - a violation of probation - gets pulled over and scatters it on the floor rather than be caught with it. Presumably the dog alerting on the car seals the deal. Innocence is for the courts to decide.

Having said that - 90 days is insanity. It should have been an overnight stay, at best, with an apology.

4 Likes

Guilty until proven innocent.

3 Likes

It could be that the cops’ knowledge of drugs is mostly from pop culture and films like Scarface. Maybe they actually think that cocaine-users often construct powder mountains of the stuff as a everyday activity.

1 Like

Florida police always catch their Florida man. Any man.

The kind cops use all the freaking time.

5 Likes

I presume, they told him “Next time, keep your car tidy”

1 Like

Not any man. Sometimes they recognize their suspect is as pure as the driven snow, his conscience free of blemish, his reputation spotless and unsullied. And sometime they can spot the dark shadows of culpability in the man they’ve apprehended.

6 Likes

As well as a clear-cut DWB the driver is also clearly guilty of driving while dusty…

“Cashe says a K-9 alerted on his vehicle…”

6 Likes

They may have just ruined his life. An independent contractor, that means for 90 days he was unable to get to his customer’s work, he no doubt lost those customers, and gained a reputation for being unreliable. His ready explanation for his customers - he was arrested for drywall dust?

And will they ever attempt to fix that? How about the officer accompany him to go talk to each of his customers to explain where he was for the past 90 days and the terrible mistake they made.

2 Likes

I thought it was guilt that courts decided, not innocence

*sees skin colour of victim and that it happened in Florida*

Now I understand :frowning_face:

1 Like

A light bulb just went on over a drug smuggler’s head somewhere.

Although I’m sure they’ve thought of this and perhaps even tried it. I remember hearing once how they figured out how to turn cocaine into a sort of plastic-like resin that could be used to make (or maybe just line) boat hulls. So I guess they don’t need stories like this for inspiration.

They’ve tried some really crazy stuff. Mixing cocaine with house paint and then separating the cocaine out once it crosses the border. Mixing it in gasoline/diesel and putting it in reserve tanks on semi rigs, etc.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.