Man killed by meteorite Saturday, first case in modern history

Bruce Sterling wrote an article about it. Apparently one of their Yurts got blown up.

3 Likes

Whenst my mortal coil comes to an end
I wish it be lightening, meteorites, as I intend

1 Like

The fact that it was in such an isolated area and there was no immediate investigation means we don’t have proof anyone died, but the local Siberian tribes certainly believe they lost people that day.

And if comic books are to go by, at least one of them was probably turned into a superpowered being.

The lessons here are:

1. Best selling authors are not necessarily decent actors
  2. Wearing overalls lowers one’s intelligence.
3 Likes

Or signaling the arrival of one, at least according to one comic book story.

1 Like

Umm, looks interesting. Although not a big fan of Ultimates, I appreciate the effort in telling the stories from a different perspective. Will check it out.

I was thinking more on the lines of this:

I like some of them more than others. The Ultimate Galacticus story wasn’t my favorite, but it did stick in my head, so I guess it was successful in that.

Ah yes, Vandal Savage, speaking of telling stories from a different perspective. (One of my sweeties and I have been [mostly] enjoying the retelling of those stories, although I’ve been doing some mental gymnastics to separate the comics from the TV series.)

1 Like

Or directors.

2 Likes

Looks like my skepticism was warranted. NASA says it wasn’t a meteorite.

1 Like

NASA? The guys with the moon landing? Is a movie visual effects studio qualified to assess astronomical topics?

1 Like

They have Kubrick, you know. That guy knows his space stuff.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.