Man obsessed with right to bear arms loses both to homemade bomb

Originally published at: Man obsessed with right to bear arms loses both to homemade bomb | Boing Boing

13 Likes

“Still got mine!”

Bom Dia Hello GIF

51 Likes

There’s a joke in here about the right to bear arms, and the lose of the right arm, and I want to make it, but I’ll leave it up to those cleverer than I am.

2nd amendment purists are exhausting. This man clearly should have no access to weapons or gunpowder. Yet here we are.

33 Likes

He found out.

30 Likes

Dr. Darwin will see you now.

14 Likes

Interesting timeline fuzziness. One report says a witness said the explosion was at about 3pm. The other report says it was about 3.10pm, but neither says whether the police warrant was issued and executed before the explosion, or after it, or whether police were in the process of executing it and were on-site at the time of the explosion.

7 Likes

The dog was the most sensible mammal living in that house.

38 Likes

Whereas I’d have gone for:

After explosion destroys all his weapons, man needs rearming.

37 Likes

He took the 2nd amendment literally and removed his own (arms) to gain those bear ones he’s been reading about.

6 Likes

I’m kind of morbidly curious how he dialed the phone for help…

9 Likes

25 Likes

I dunno, this guy seems pretty 'armless to me.

11 Likes

At least the dog survived.

30 Likes

Do you know what out-of-network xenotransplantation costs, though?

12 Likes

As a constitutional right I assume the costs of the procedure are socialized. Wasn’t that determined in the landmark 1966 case of Brown Bear v. Louisiana?

8 Likes

Yes, there it is. Thank you!

7 Likes

The pun is already a bit threadbear, as the article nowhere says the guy is a 2nd amendment weirdo (it suggests he is a gun dealer for the baddie community)

4 Likes

20 Likes

…or dogs.

21 Likes

“You can take my guns from my cold dead arms”

13 Likes