Man obsessed with right to bear arms loses both to homemade bomb

That militia just well-regulated itself.

24 Likes

“I have to go back in my dog is in there,”

Obviously something deeply wrong with this guy, but nice to be reminded that there’s a still a little bit of a person in there somewhere.

12 Likes

Hey Siri
Call 911.

Hey Siri
Where did my arms go?

7 Likes

“Police say the dog escaped and is fine.”

This is only part of the story that had any hint of emotional impact on me.

20 Likes

Some mistakes you can only make once…

Glad the dog was ok.

In KC last year a house caught fire and blew up as it was being used to make illegal fireworks and something messed up.

7 Likes

Siri: Calling 911
Downloading audiobook, A Farewell to Arms

28 Likes

Impressive administrative oddity: by lunchtime today there was already a photo of the damage in the city’s land records.

10 Likes

19 Likes

You’d think losing both arms would preclude you from ever using a gun again, but apparently not.

12 Likes

we had a kid in the neighborhood who loved fireworks and experimenting with explosives. pretty much all the kids knew about him and stayed away. he blew the fingers off his hands one day while making some device down in his basement, and that was happily the end of his pyrotechnical career. what career he ultimately chose is unknown.

9 Likes

What kind of ‘investigation’ was he actually under if he was able to gather a dozen firearms and 4k rounds of ammo, along with - apparently - supplies necessary to build explosives?

9 Likes

I’ve seen videos of arm-less people using their feet to shoot bows and firearms.

But this guy clearly should not.

huh - never heard of Jay J. Armes before, but they made action figures of him??

8 Likes

That article on The Detroit News is behind a paywall. For a few days you can see Google’s cached copy here.

7 Likes

You can tell the dog was much smarter than the man.

Kinda reminds me of the time some idiot in my town tried to make fireworks and burned down half a block of homes.

6 Likes

I think it’s that he’s ‘armless now. Say it in a cockney accent.

I hope he pulls through though. Though this injury will make it more difficult in many ways.

2 Likes

Pretty sure this would have qualified for fall detection on an Apple Watch.

2 Likes

So not all bad in this story.

Take your rainbows where you can!

6 Likes

They were waiting for something more classically policed, like BLM face masks, driving while black or an unlicensed lemonade stand.

6 Likes

Police report stated he was unarmed

8 Likes

Still warm.

2 Likes