Man opens emergency door on plane and walks on wing

Originally published at: Man opens emergency door on plane and walks on wing | Boing Boing

6 Likes

12 Likes

Good thing they were’t in the air.

arjan1982-flying-down-to-rio

16 Likes

I’ve often mistaken the exit door of a plane to be the bathroom door. /s

11 Likes

shatner-not

18 Likes

Just like Jack Nicholson in The Forutune.

8 Likes

Probably goes without saying but Columbia != Colombia.

CLO is the airport code for Aeropuerto Internacional Alfonso Bonilla Aragón in Cali, Colombia - not California.

6 Likes

Which city did you say this plane landed again…?

3 Likes

“…during deplaning” le yawn.

2 Likes

Not exactly wing-walking but a great tale of a wing-walker’s derring-do, I came across recently.

5 Likes

just steppn out for a smoke.

1 Like

Wonder if he was on medication. Even taking Ambien and napping might result in some bizarre behavior in that situation.

The news article linked states that an emergency medical team found him to have high blood pressure enough to take him to the emergency room. Perhaps he was feeling like he was in physical crisis.

9 Likes

some virgin atlantic aircraft have large gaps in the general standard doors that allows really cold air to pass and chill you like mad… so much so you the flight attendant for a blanket…
no she did not think a bunny about it…

I love Boingboing.net, but unless I’m wrong, this flight was from Colombia (2 O’s), specifically from the city of Cali (CLO), not California.

My loved ones are there and I literally did this series of flights over Labor Day weekend.

I don’t want to be some kind of Internet Karen, but it is a little upsetting to see Colombia be not even worth spelling right. Boingboing.net is better than that

4 Likes

I’m still struggling to understand why this is “man” and not “gentleman”. I clearly haven’t cracked the code yet.

1 Like

Very common with any story having to do with Colombia. I see it all the time and not just here.

1 Like

Because we don’t know yet if he was in serious difficulties, or just being an asshole.

5 Likes

Oh, fair. I was fine with it… until I saw the city was wrong, too. Geez

1 Like