Man peddling bleach as coronavirus 'cure' wrote to Trump this week

The treatment was a success, the 20 patients didn’t die of COVID-19.

Unfortunately the 20 patients died for reasons unrelated to the virus. We recommend moving to phase III trials to show there is no correlation.

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out. If this truly is a conflation of bleach with ClO2, then the conflation originates in the original Guardian article that Boing Boing quotes. "Mark Grenon wrote to Trump saying chlorine dioxide ‘can rid the body of Covid-19’ days before the president promoted disinfectant as treatment”. Alarmist headline uses the word bleach, of course. Not that it actually matters to people smart enough to not ingest bleach (without a doctor’s supervision, of course).

I’ve used household bleach to treat potable water I was storing and the instructions for doing so have been around for decades. (Again, stupid people reading this–do you know who you are?–please don’t drink bleach.) So, yeah, I’ve consumed bleach and lived to tell about it. Not newsworthy.

I mean, isn’t the responsibility for any study on the sponsors and not the publishers, no matter how well credentialed?

But “quasi-experimental design” should be a red-flag for anyone contemplating volunteering. omg.

“quasi experimental design” means “no actual science, you’ve wasted your time reading any further.”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.