Man peddling bleach as coronavirus 'cure' wrote to Trump this week

A strange turn of events to find that the Trumpster is a closet hippy and “Let The Sun Shine In” is set to be a Republican Anthem.
Incidentally: We’re now in the year 2020, with the Grand Conjunction of Jupiter & Saturn on December 21th, 2020, at 0° in Aquarius

4 Likes

Chlorine dioxide and household bleach are not the same thing. ClO2 can be used as a disinfectant for municipal water supplies, so drinking tap water should cure what ails you. At the same time it does not ionize in water, but dissolves as a gas.

ClO2 is a gas at room temp. You could theorize that inhalation of a low concentration may help clean the lungs. I can’t see this working for a virus exactly, but perhaps to reduce bacterial or fungal grow inside the lungs? I’m not a doctor don’t go huffing bleach of any sort…

1 Like

Probably more likely.

1 Like

Disclaimer from the US National Library of Medicine:

“The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government.”

From the paper:

“Sponsor: Genesis Foundation

“Information provided by (Responsible Party): Eduardo Insignares Carrione, Genesis Foundation

“The research will be carried out between April and June 2020 with a quasi-experimental design in two health care centers on a sample of twenty (20) patients…”

ETA: The “study” is utter bullshit. Please do not spread this.

8 Likes

It’s sort of popped up in an around a lot of other alt med for a long long time. Seems like a natural extension of the magical thinking in regards to things with any kind of anti-bacterial property. Like honey has anti-microbial properties because it’s such a concentrated sugar solution which helps prevent it from going bad. So naturally if you eat it those same properties bolster your chakras or something.

So there’s practically always been people advocating the consumption of cleaning supplies and disinfectants on the dumb as rocks theory that if it kills germs when rubbed on a toilet. It can do the same in the blood stream.

More recently the Miracle Mineral Solution guys have taken the idea big. And you’ve probably heard of that, they kind of down play that it’s industrial bleach though.

There’s also a bunch of religious groups selling miracle water that’s basically just bleach as well.

Cause they just collect publications. Being listed there isn’t a mark of validity or US government involvement. Quick googling of the principals, the main doctor there appears to associated with Nutricell. A supplement and cosmetic brand making wild claims about oxygen, stem cells, and pill that can cure everything.

It’s also taking place in Columbia. And despite being a 20 person study it’s marked as “recruiting”.

5 Likes

Colombia, to avoid confusion.

4 Likes

You beat me to it. I would’ve added that it might not be as effective as, say, ingesting a spoonful of cesium.

3 Likes

15 Likes

Neither yew libtards kin spell Patriot. Git a brane, Morans! /s

1 Like

I saw them.
I think it was my first show ever.

1 Like

bonus points if it was actually sasha baron cohen that wrote the bleach letter .

This recently posted and beautifully edited Randy Rainbow satire/parody “Just a Spoonful of Clorox” deserves some-sort of youtube award. It made this old curmudgeon sardonically snigger after such a long time.

3 Likes

I hate him.

omfg no - what is wrong with this country

4 Likes

Quasi-experimental? WTF does that mean except for ‘Phony’?

3 Likes

It’s there because you can register any “study” you want there. It doesn’t vet them for quality or validity. It’s just a database. Like the library of congress. Mein Kampf is in the LOC. Does that make it valid political philosophy?

“quasi experimental” means “we’re not doing any valid science”

4 Likes

It is both sad and horrifying, because he is losing all of our faculties.

1 Like

As I said. Bullshit. The sentence that was taken from is incoherent word salad.

The “study” was set up to give an air of respectability, so that people would link to it, disingenuously or naively, on forums like this. The link would get passed around, and the gullible would think there must be something to it. I’d be really surprised if any results are ever published.

4 Likes

And then create a shell company advertising “Monoxide is death! Try our safe and refreshing Hydrogen Dioxide instead!” :ox: :poop: