Man runs as GOP candidate for U.S. Senate. His parents donated the maximum to the Democratic incumbent

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/13/man-runs-as-gop-candidate-for.html

4 Likes

This guy is kind of an odd candidate.

His ‘big lifechanging issues’ seem to be… well that we didn’t all clap hard enough for the Iraq war and maybe the debt.

So he’s like a republican from 2009. Still loving the war everybody else hates by now (Trump threw it right under the bus), and still pretending to care about the debt as if a Democrat were president.

16 Likes

Well, it’s going in the wrong direction in this case, but it’s nice to see that upbringing isn’t destiny.

7 Likes

Well… not always.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Normally parents in this awkward position would just step entirely away from donating or voting. This is a signal that they know something about their son the rest of us don’t.

30 Likes

He’s hoping for some of that Kochite money…

Even a mother’s love has limits. Though the vast majority of people never find them.

5 Likes

There are still a lot of people who believe the Republican party represents good, moral white people, and the Democratic party represents the dirty fucking hippies. I can only assume they haven’t watched the news in 40-50 years.

5 Likes

This reminds me of that time during the 2016 primaries when Jeb Bush had to work to earn the reluctant endorsement of his own mother.

6 Likes

I can guarantee you they have, and I know which channel it is, too.

10 Likes

So the boondoggle known as the Iraq war, a war of convenience based on GOP lies to the American citizens and the rest of the world, changed him from a Democrat to a repugnantcan? He must have really swallowed the koolaid while over there. This guys is all sorts of fucked up. Good for his parents.

6 Likes

Alex Keaton is a jerk.

7 Likes

He sure is.

1 Like

At least having parents who support the other candidate has forced him to be civil. His parents, in supporting the other candidate, just have a “different worldview” than he does and are simply voting for the candidate that shares their perspective.

As opposed to what we see so often in politics these days, where anyone who supports the opposite party is a ratfaced traitor who hates American values and wipes their ass with the Constitution.

7 Likes

Am I correct? Have we finally found a situation where money actually is speech?

3 Likes

Welp, no one is accusing any of today’s crop of Republicans of being sane.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.