Man sells his tattooed skin to art collector who will flay him when he dies

Perhaps something in there about the cause of death not being flaying?

1 Like

I’ve read the tattoos don’t look as rich and colorful when a skin is preserved - the blood coursing beneath the skin is missing, and the chemicals are basically tanning solutions which don’t always remain true to colors… Not for the squeamish link below:

http://www.visualatelier8.com/new-blog-3/masaichi-fukushi-human-skin-collection-tokyo-japan

1 Like

Those are both amazing ideas, actually.

1 Like

I just want my body to be left to the body farm at UT-Knoxville so the researchers can study how it decomposes. Other ideas include using my skeletal remains as a high school theater prop, having my ashes scattered at both Baker Island and Kiribati (26 hours apart because the International Date Line is weird), or just a normal burial but in a totally random cemetery in a totally random city. Although, the idea of getting simultaneously stuck at dead letter offices around the world made me chuckle heartily, as did the idea of becoming a literal dead letter.

2 Likes

I’m pretty much set on a green burial - hole in the ground, body in, no enbalming at all, a box if you must (otherwise, just a shroud). And of course, a proper Irish wake, too! I’m seriously going to have documents drawn up to that effect for my daughter to follow when the time comes (or my husband, if he outlives me).

The UT-Knoxville thing is a great idea, too, though. I will, of course, donate my organs, if nothing else.

3 Likes

Well this whole post is just… disgusting.

the mouvie was already done…gory contemporary art is often recycled slushy ass out of a french bidet…kinda duchamp’s pissotière for whashing bad teeth

‘Return to sender’ is rather profound in this case.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.