Man sells machine to make your wishes come true

This way to the Egress.

1 Like

This has got to be some kind of tie-in with Exoptable Money

Sounds like someone’s been rubbing their stick plate too much.

That video is a masterclass in vaguely unsettling camera work, and incredibly careful scriptwriting which suggests a lot whilst carefully maintaining a veneer of plausible deniability (“I don’t know how it works”, “I think it works by focussing your mind on what you are wishing for”).

2 Likes

So basically The Secret in knob-and-plywood-form.

4 Likes

Have you played Corrupt-a-Wish?

1 Like

FWIW this guy has an IMDB page.

Seems like a weaker version of this:

4 Likes

I tried wishing for the wishing machine, but I guess it doesn’t work pre-emtively. :frowning:

2 Likes

I think you need to wish for either an infinite-improbability field powered wishing machine, or a time-traveling wishing machine for that to work…

2 Likes

Dude, you can shill your BS junk all day to anyone who’ll listen, but using “Theme de Camille” for your opening shot? Too far my friend, too far.

Scorsese can pull that off, but not you, buddy.

Or at least wishing for their money back.

1 Like

No, I’ve seen The secret. Plenty of knobs present in that waste of time.

2 Likes

Oh I’m sure it works for those who believe in it but you can get the same results with a pencil, a bit of know-how and some time and effort

I guess some people think making changes to your self (and by proxy, the world around you.) is an inherently difficult task to accomplish and when such perceptions exist, there will always be someone willing to exploit those expectations for profit.

Nope but I’m aware of the thread. :slight_smile:

This guy has been making the rounds in the yoga world. I really like this particular one - though have been scared to share it with my friends who are more into the woo than me.

1 Like

From his website:
"But wait!
For an extra $24, we will add jacks to your box so it can be upgraded to a Model E in the future, and you can use accessories, if you so choose, like helmets and amplifier units. "

I’m almost tempted but I’ll wait for the USB 3.1 port upgrades.

1 Like

This is functionally a corollary to Niven’s Paradox of Time Travel: that any universe in which time travel is possible, it is so disruptive that eventually someone will go back in time and make time travel impossible.

#money is a subjective energy field

but only after a particularly unsuccessful party.

1 Like