Man sentenced for making "threat" while dressed as The Joker

Originally published at: Man sentenced for making "threat" while dressed as The Joker | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Warner Bros Lol GIF by Joker Movie

7 Likes

So a guy dressed as the Joker wasn’t convicted becuase all the wittnessess disappeared. That’s what I’m taking from this.

9 Likes

He pleaded guilty. Initially, back in January, a judge dismissed the charges for failure of the prosecutor to produce a witness, but, as explained in the linked article, prosecutors refiled the charges the next day. He was initially charged with a felony, but pleaded guilty to a reduced misdemeanor charge because he’d already been in jail for over 5 months and he, understandably, wanted out.

The whole story is kind of sad, really. He had trouble with drugs for years, and was in and out of prison. He gets himself clean and sober, and then makes one really bad decision to go pretend to be the Joker and film it on Facebook Live for some reason, and even though I think the evidence is actually pretty clear that he had no intent to actually do anything, the prosecutors try to throw the book at him, I’m guessing because of his record. He needed a better lawyer, because I don’t think he should have been convicted of shit.

8 Likes

3 Likes

Those prosecutors should be removed from their position. That’s messed up.

2 Likes

they tend to like easy cases. any case with prior convictions and an overworked public defender is easy. and - neat trick - the more cases they throw at public defenders, the more overworked they are, the easier it gets

2 Likes

11 Likes

Theyre The Same Picture The Office GIF - Theyre The Same ...

5 Likes

Some questions:
Did he have a ‘getaway’ car?
Was it a Volkswagen?
Were there any small impractical bicycles in the area?
Were there any people seen entering or leaving the ‘getaway’ car and if so how many?
Were balloons found at the scene?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.