Florida gentleman nicknamed "The Joker" returns to prison a day after serving a 9-year sentence

Originally published at: Florida gentleman nicknamed "The Joker" returns to prison a day after serving a 9-year sentence | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Well, there is enough room on his forehead for another tattoo, like “Poor Impulse Control”.

19 Likes

Sad, this one is not even qualified to be a goon for the “real” Joker.

7 Likes

What a clown.

4 Likes

Just curious: even if this fellow could be reformed, what kind of job would he be hired to do with his face marked that way?

4 Likes

Avant Garde Harlequin?

1 Like

I hear Ace Chemicals is hiring product testers…

4 Likes

found this sad presumed time lapse here.

fa601fa9-bcee-48fd-b151-13ce05a34392-medium16x9_2

4 Likes

Wow, with all those impressive tattoos on his face I didn’t even notice the giant “L” on his forehead!

2 Likes

… that’s a hard 29 :older_man:

5 Likes

meth. it’s a helluva drug.

5 Likes

Getting a job is difficult for almost any ex-felon in the US, which is one of several reasons that there’s such a big problem with recidivism, but I imagine that there are more work-from-home and remote gig jobs available these days than there have been in the past. (For very low pay, most likely.)

I just checked and several online job sites like indeed.com and ZipRecruiter have whole categories of “Felony Friendly Work from home jobs” so that’s definitely a thing.

8 Likes

I don’t like to judge people by their looks, but this gentleman appears to be embodying an ethos of “truth in advertising.”

2 Likes

Arkham was full?

3 Likes

Some people just need to be locked up.

Exactly, no one. It’s sad, some people just throw their lives away.

1 Like

This individual has obviously made some very bad choices in life and certainly needs to be held accountable for his actions, but you can’t just assume that creepy-looking offenders are total lost causes who should never be given the opportunity to reform themselves. Whether that will ever happen with this guy remains to be seen, but in this specific case he apparently didn’t hurt anyone during his short time being released, at least.

I do support those programs that provide free tattoo removals for former gang members who are trying to rejoin society.

12 Likes

Been meaning to re-read that. Thanks for the reminder!

He kinda had a Nicolas Hoult thing going on in those early photos (assuming that’s really him). That’s a pretty startling About a BoyMad Max transformation. Way to trash your advantage, dude.

2 Likes

I’m going to guess generational trauma/addiction. This 29 year old kid didn’t just happen by accident.

4 Likes

Man, that’s a lifetime of bad-decision making. I see things like that and wonder about the “nature vs nurture” argument. Are there some people who simply aren’t capable of doing good long term? I have an uncle currently serving multiple life sentences who never seemed to do anything productive yet his siblings who were raised in the same household flourished.