Police seek gentleman sporting "CRIME PAYS" tattoo on his forehead

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/03/police-seek-gentleman-sporting.html

6 Likes

I get the feeling that Donald Murray is one of those folks who always wonders “why do bad things keep happening to me?”

22 Likes

One might think this guy’s seeking attention…

8 Likes

Plus obligs…

14 Likes

Don’t know why but, this fine little ditty came to mind:

1 Like

6 Likes

The tattoo on his forehead consists of three words, written in block letters: POOR IMPULSE CONTROL. […]

These days, most states are franchulates or Burbclaves, much too small to have anything like a jail, or even a judicial system. So when someone does something bad, they try to find quick and dirty punishments, like flogging, confiscation of property, public humiliation, or, in the case of people who have a high potential of going on to hurt others, a warning tattoo on a prominent body part. POOR IMPULSE CONTROL. Apparently, this guy went to such a place and lost his temper real bad.

-Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

14 Likes

Well they haven’t caught him yet, have they? Q.E.D.

2 Likes

Do ya think he’ll ever figure it out? Asking for a friend…

6 Likes

I’ll give him credit for the tattoo being spelled correctly.

8 Likes

I can just hear him grumbling when yet another job interview goes badly about how the man is keeping him down.

4 Likes

I was boating with friends in Cleveland years ago and we came across a guy who had a recreational boat with the name “Crime Pays” on the back. I was intrigued, so I asked him the story behind the name. He was a police officer.

10 Likes

Nope, they got him:

Still, it took them four days to catch a guy with Crime Pays tattooed on his forehead, and that’s after he crashed his car while trying to evade them.

14 Likes

Give that credit to the tattoo artist.

11 Likes

“No, its French; Crime Pays… Crime Country.”

5 Likes

If i ever find myself needing (needing?) to commit a crime, some black sharpie forehead tattoos beforehand will be a good idea…
then just wash it off, and nope…wasn’t me…look, no tattoos.

3 Likes

Previously on boingboing:

13 Likes

Those are some pretty bad…masks?!?

2 Likes

It took 4 days because he was wearing a clever disguise to cover his tattoo:

10 Likes

Well, it is December in Terre Haute, so it’s not like he’d arouse suspicion by covering up.

december

9 Likes