Gentleman gives fake name to police even though real name is tattooed on his neck

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/17/gentleman-gives-fake-name-to-p.html

2 Likes

I wondered if his name was Thirteen

3 Likes

People who get their names tattooed on their neck are not, I think, the brightest bulbs.

13 Likes

The stupid it burns

This man might be even dumber than Trump and that’s quite a feat

4 Likes

His mistake was not getting it tattooed backwards so he could read it in a mirror, Memento-style.

13 Likes

One would normally expect a name tattooed on a person to be their SO, not their own. Getting your own name tattooed on yourself suggests either narcissism or worry you might forget it.

11 Likes

The opposite of this, a smart con man with no taste, might actually get somebody else’s name tattooed on his neck and then use that as his alias, claiming if police refute him, “Officer, I did it in my youth, I was stupid but I had my own name tattooed on my neck. Why would I be this other guy you are claiming I am and getting someone else’s name tattooed on my neck?”

Then again the whole thing of getting a name tattooed on your neck is pretty damn stupid in the first place

5 Likes

Just the latest in a long series of bad life decisions for ol’ Matty B (the tell being visible neck and face tattoos).

3 Likes

The neck tattoo is in bad taste, for sure. I like the presidential hyphen on his cheek, though.

2 Likes

A- for effort.

1 Like

It’s so they can find their way back at the end of an out of body experience.

Also, to my eye, that looks like “Marry”… is it supposed to be “Matty”?

1 Like

Or in case someone needs to identify his body, and his head and hands are missing. Certain people need to plan ahead.

5 Likes

11 Likes

He may be bad, but is he Superbad?

4 Likes

Really, though, if he claims “Matty B” is an obscure rapper who he’s the world’s biggest fan of, how are most cops going to be able to be sure he’s lying?

I just assumed he was a fan of tween hip-hop superstar Matty B.

Why would you get your name tattooed on your neck?

2015-08-26-1440587656-1100360-1fRw07v3z4atC1cFqdWCqw

7 Likes

So he should have tattooed his hand?

Apropos of bulbs and neck tattoos; anyone know if someone has gone for an Edison screw tattoo on the neck to give the impression that their head has been inserted into a socket?

4 Likes

Full name should be printed in bold, block capitals directly beneath the “POOR IMPULSE CONTROL”.

5 Likes