Police identify "most wanted" man thanks to a personal identifier tattooed on his neck

Originally published at: Police identify "most wanted" man thanks to a personal identifier tattooed on his neck | Boing Boing

4 Likes

A criminal mastermind to rival Lex Luthor.

10 Likes

If he’d only thought to go to a tattoo artist and have him tattoo “I left my heart in San” above it, he could be a free man right now.

16 Likes

that part is tattooed on his ass.
because when he went in to get a neck tattoo, he had his head up his fucking ass.

12 Likes

The subtlety of this criminal mastermind was no match for Boston’s finest. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Facial recognition has a well known racial bias. Just wait until public tattoo recognition/tracking technology comes to fruition. People with tattoos will experience more false matches to criminals, and a new era of tattoo marginalization takes hold.

4 Likes

(goes online to buy shares in tattoo removal tech companies)

11 Likes

My oldest said he wanted a tattoo. I joked it was a great idea, makes it easier for the cops to identify him. Now he doesn’t want a tattoo.

Should I be worried? :thinking:

10 Likes

I mean, how the heck else was he supposed to remember how to spell it?

Not that it was a perfect strategy or anything, he’d look in the mirror and write it down just like he saw it and it would still come out backwards. F#ckin’ letters, how do they work?

6 Likes

It might turn out to be easily foolable with a temporary Punisher logo tattoo. I’m thinking it’s likely that if the system sees one of those it will just automatically ignore you

6 Likes

Evil Overlord #104. My undercover agents will not have tattoos identifying them as members of my organization, nor will they be required to wear military boots or adhere to any other dress codes.

12 Likes

… I think it’s called “photography”

Cops have been using it for a while already

and surely by now everyone knows not to get neck tattoos if they don’t want to look like criminals

6 Likes

My Father, who has a number of tattoo’s, never told us not to get them.

What he DID say was, make damn sure you want that design for life.

Best advise on getting a tat I ever heard was from a tattoo artist, who said to print out the design and put it net to your mirror so you see it every morning. If you can still stand the sight of it after 6 weeks, then and only then think about getting the ink.

13 Likes

Anyone here played Fallen London? Sometimes it’s wise to tattoo your own name, so you don’t forget. Irrigo light falls upon the Inked Felon, de-nominating him.

3 Likes

Cambridge, just across the Charles River from Boston is the perfect place for Boston’s most wanted fugitives to hide. /s

4 Likes

If the cops know your tattoo, all you have to do is discreetly tattoo several dozen other people with the identical tattoo and hide in the crowd.

2 Likes

Ascots and Dickies are the next gangster fashion trend.

6 Likes

I had a great conversation on a plane with an FBI agent, who said people who rob banks or commit armed robbery are the dumbest criminals she knows of.

6 Likes

Sam Francisco?
Also has an identifying tattoo

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.