Man shouts 'Heil Hitler! Heil Trump!' in Baltimore theater during 'Fiddler on the Roof'

We stole a good language… :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Yes, because there is absolutely no reason for people who are watching a play about Jewish life to think that maybe this is someone about to open fire on them… I mean, not like there wasn’t recently a SHOOTING IN A FUCKING SYNAGOGUE OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT…

You misspelled appeasement.

20 Likes

All great art is theft. :wink:

6 Likes

Putting people in fear of their life is; and, unfortunately, in the current climate, yelling “Heil, Hitler” or “Allah Akbar” in a public place is doing just that.

8 Likes

Terroristic threats are.

10 Likes

I too wish that the subject a-hole be squashed flat, but – unfortunately – the closest thing to any illegality could have been “shouting ‘fire’ in an occupied theater”, and that one-time standard is now that… one-time. It is no longer the standard. The cops there couldn’t hold him… even if these cops were of the moral variety and non-racist.

1 Like

Shouting bomb in an airport is.

The guy knew it’d put people in fear of their lives. That’s no different than death threats.

I’m sure you’ll find more ways to enforce this guy’s privilege and assume he’s some paragon of free speech though.

10 Likes

So perhaps some audience members filing formal complaints to the local police about being placed in fear of their lives might result in this arsehole being asked back for an interview re felony assault and potential charges? (Well, it’s a nice thought. Not holding my breath.)

4 Likes

He us white. If he had melanin and yelled anything about Allah or Black Power he’d probably be dead now, or at least in lockup facing serious charges.

And 45 would likely have tweeted about it.

5 Likes

I wonder how many people in the 1920s advised others to just ignore the guys in the brown shirts.

19 Likes

How embarrassingly anachronistic. Couldn’t he at least have shouted something about the Tsar?

4 Likes

8 Likes

I remember when I was growing up hearing how every time we spent news articles on these guys, or paid them any attention, their groups gained members, so we should just ignore them, and they would dwindle out and die.

They’re still here. Clearly that experiment failed. Anyone still suggesting it doesn’t understand how humans, society, or really anything works. Either that, or they think that they’ll be okay, so they don’t really care.

14 Likes

Aye.

You can’t ignore a malignant cancer and hope “it will just go away.”

14 Likes

Leaving him gives him what he desires. Booting him would’ve denied him the stares during and after

1 Like

This wasn’t seeking attention. In context, this was a threat. He should have been arrested.

10 Likes

Interestingly, the dissent in that case is also where the phrase “marketplace of ideas” comes from.

2 Likes

The Freeze Peachers are notoriously anti-Islam, funny how that works.

3 Likes
1 Like

The cops will not save you from fascists. They’re natural allies.

8 Likes