Man steals forklift from Lowes, drives it to Home Depot, then kills woman there with it

Originally published at: Man steals forklift from Lowes, drives it to Home Depot, then kills woman there with it | Boing Boing

2 Likes
5 Likes

I’m going to just assume mind altering substances were involved, because holy shit…

23 Likes

Why was the 73 year old woman sleeping in her car? Was she unhoused?

6 Likes

Homeless? quite probably; People on fixed incomes have been hit hard in the past three years with the skyrocketing increases in rent and price hikes on everything else.

6 Likes

Yeah, this doesn’t sound like someone who was planning or coherently thinking things out. It sounds an awful lot like a recent multi-city crime spree, that involved stealing cars and driving to other locations to murder people with them (two of which happened a few blocks from my home), that turned out to have been perpetrated by a mentally ill guy - just a terrifying level of randomness.

7 Likes

If he’d been thinking it out, he’d have saved the drive to the other big box hardware store FROM a big box hardware store.

1 Like

I know our level of gun violence is a uniquely American problem, but does shit like THIS actually happen in other countries too?

4 Likes

American exceptionalism.

6 Likes

Or possibly waiting for her husband who went in for “just one thing,” who then got distracted in the tool section comparing the merits of various belt sanders…

4 Likes

…as one does when wandering around the bignox hardware store.

4 Likes
4 Likes

:fearful:

Jesus, what a horrible way to go. Forklifts are not built to roll over obstructions.

3 Likes

It does, but they don’t usually have guns when it happens. They’ll have other weapons (knives, baseball bats, etc). Which is bad, but not as bad as guns.

I expect a MAGA refrain of “Just like guns, forklifts don’t kill people, people kill people-”

This is the first time in a while I’ve had a literal WTF reaction.
Expected some conflict-induced targeted vengence but no, totally random.

I don’t know about stealing a forklift and killing homeless with it. But here in Barcelona they recently condemned a despicable waste of breath who took as some kind of sport to kill homeless people with blunt implements (news only describe it as a “metal stick” on two occasions, and with a “wooden club” the other) during the pandemic.

Psychos will be psychos everywhere. And they always prey on the weak.

(source in catalan, Google translate should be able to handle it)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.