Man steals Honolulu fire truck for trip to 7-Eleven

Originally published at: Man steals Honolulu fire truck for trip to 7-Eleven | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Isn’t that exactly why fire fighters had dalmations? To stop the horses that pulled the fire engine being stolen when everyone was busy putting the fire out?

Seems they might have to bring that tradition back

7 Likes

I think he was confused about the 7Eleven “any cup, any day, any way” promotion.

8 Likes

I could understand if it was a Wawa.

4 Likes

He’s on an island…how far could he go?

11 Likes

7/11? why didn’t he just go to an ABC store

5 Likes

He had to quench the fire in his soul, and get a slurpy.

4 Likes

TIL that Honolulu fire trucks are yellow. Any specific reason why?

3 Likes

Shouldn’t that be “Gentleman steals Honolulu fire truck” ???

1 Like

I don’t know Honolulu’s specific reason, but yellow fire trucks are more visible than red, and according to a study with the Dallas Fire Department, were involved in vehicle accidents at a much lower rate than the traditional red trucks. But that was observed with fluorescent lime-yellow trucks rather than the more standard yellow that Honolulu appears to use.

Here’s an interesting video from Kent, Ohio regarding their yellow fire trucks.

3 Likes

Interesting- here in Europe, the decision was taken to paint ambulances yellow for the same reason. It’s a combination of visibility at night and the fact that this colour is visible unchanged for people with most forms of colour blindness.

For instance, here’s a Dutch ambulance:

The pattern of diagonal stripes is common to many Dutch emergency service vehicles.

1 Like

Best birthday ever: Greenback, TN man stole a beer truck and used it to visit the local taverns, and then to try and outrun police, fifteen or so years ago.

DO NOT try this if you are Black or reside in a city.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.