Man sues "Throwed Rolls" restaurant after being injured by thrown roll

Oh wow, do you promise? There are certainly days I could really go for that!

3 Likes

I think this restaurant should provide safety goggles for all diners. Maybe hard hats too.

3 Likes

That’s perfect. They don’t have to use them, but the goggles are always available.

Now if you scratch your cornea it’s your own damn fault. Like before.

6 Likes

Her lawyer’s looking to get as much money as possible, according to the article. Which is, in fact, very unreasonable.

1 Like

My bad… I think I misread. It says:

He says Tucker sought his help after Lambert`s insurance company stonewalled his client, who wanted to be reimbursed for $6000 in medical bills she ran up because the accident also loosened her retina.

So, she asked for help paying her medical bills,and the insurance co said no. However, it seems if it caused ongoing issues. A loose retina sounds like it can cause ongoing problems.

They lawyer is seeking more than the limit allowed, but we’re not told why he’s doing so. There could be a good reason for him doing so (other than the assumed greed of the lawyer or client). Plus, it seems as if the insurance company had ponied up, this lawsuit wouldn’t have materialized in the first place. Part of the reason that businesses have insurance is to deal fairly with people when they are injured on their premises. I don’t think it’s unreasonable at all that they insurance company actually do their job, and that there be economic consequences when they do not. Also, asking for more than the limit generally leads to negotiation between the parties, and ends with something they can all live with. Plus, if the local limit is $25,000, I doubt they’ll get more than that…

3 Likes

She’s lucky she didn’t order the “Chucked Roast”. Those things can really smart.

Next time, just stick with the “Tossed Salad”.

5 Likes

In the game of throwns, you win or you die. (dislocate a cornea?)

1 Like

True Dat. Isn’t this what insurance is for? People get injured, so pay for their medical bills you caused. Your premiums will go up a buck, plus free advertising.

Wait… What… The hell?

A freak accident with a thrown roll,and the very reason you buy insurance and they won’t cover!?

It’s time to rough up some actuaries.

4 Likes

I know right… maybe we can send Sally Fields after them…

1 Like

My parents retired to the Ozarks in the 90s (got sick of it in 2003 and moved to Arizona for a bit more progressiveness, if that tells you anything). At one point, a few of my siblings, nieces, and nephews descended on them for a get-together, and we all went to Lambert’s.

Halfway though dinner, one of my nieces ralphed on her plate. Which started a bit of the ol’ reverse peristaltic chain reaction among our party.

After that we called it “the Throwed-Up Rolls place.”

5 Likes

And the manager for the group I contract for wonders why I don’t want to move back to Missouri… I mean besides the fact that Seattle is pretty damn awesome for climate/weather. Though St. Louis isn’t quite as bad as the Ozark area.

Some folk’ll never throw a roll
But then again some folk’ll :musical_note:

4 Likes

As a t-shirt I once saw at IML in Chicago, who doesn’t like a nice tossed salad? (Of course I can’t imagine ordering that particular dish by accident. Talk about extremely friendly service and all that.)

Yeah, I was wondering if Pastor Troy is female?

Density. Low density. In our day to day lives we confuse density with mass all the time. Ever pick up a relatively small piece of cast iron and be surprised at its heft? That’s because your brain is pretty bad at judging weight. I’m holding a roll in my hand, and while it’s not heavy, it’s a little over an ounce. About the weight of a two-pack of Sharpies (I checked Amazon). You can detach a retina with that. A roll may be soft, but it is fairly elastic, so it doesn’t lose a ton of energy in deformation.

1 Like

Ever eaten a Throwed Roll?

1 Like

Really? I’ve never eaten one, I was eating a King’s Hawaiian roll when I wrote that, and I figured we were talking about soft fresh rolls.

1 Like

Shortly re-named to “Lambert’s Cafe, Home of the soft, underhanded toss from about 3 feet awa…oh I’ll just put the bowl right here on the table for you, rolls”

Totally. They were soft and fluffy. I caught one – they’re the size of a large fist – and almost immediately, a guy was at my table with a big jug of sorghum molasses to spoon over it.

1 Like