Man threatens Little Caesars workers with an AK-47 in a dispute over pizza cook-times

Originally published at: Man threatens Little Caesars workers with an AK-47 in a dispute over pizza cook-times | Boing Boing

4 Likes

très responsable.

5 Likes

Did he feel threatened by the Little Caesars? Did he cry some crocodile tears? If so, totally justified.

/s

16 Likes

“Don’t get aggravated…”

What? You pointed a gun at him! Crazy bread, indeed.

Snl What Is Wrong With You GIF by Saturday Night Live

9 Likes

Whenever someone mindlessly quotes the cliche that an armed society is a polite society, it’s shit like this that makes me roll my eyes.

25 Likes

So…in order to stop a bad man with a gun, you need a good woman with a pizza? I am 100% ready for our matriarchal, pizza-armed over-ladies.

37 Likes

Brought to you by the same rational prepper mentality that couldn’t handle COVID lockdown because they wanted haircuts, and they wanted them NOW.

Stoics they are not.

25 Likes

he got upset

11 Likes

If only he’d waited the ten minutes, he could have had his own personal pizza customized by the staff.

11 Likes

Freedoms!

Pizza saved the day. Pepper mentality.

2 Likes

Just in case anyone thought we were no longer in Trump’s America.

3 Likes

Was he hoping to threaten physics with his gun? I don’t think the employees can influence cook time if that’s how long the oven takes…

1 Like

I think the issue is with Little Ceasar’s’ new sales method of preparing several pies in advance of the typical rush hour. They do it here in Mexico, offering a discount for a standard pie like pepperoni if you don’t mind that they baked it an hour ago and kept it in the warmer. No matter how many they bake, there’s always a longer line than for what is readily available.

6 Likes

This is a pretty good illustration of one of the major structural flaws of “good guys with guns” that is, how and when we sort them out from the rest of the guys. The emerging system - where everyone has an AK-47 - leaves all the sorting to after the action, when it is, arguably, a bit late.

This relies on the law as deterrent, i.e. “no guys are pre-sorted out of gun ownership and usage, but all guys will come to understand that they will be post-sorted as having been bad guys (and punished) if they use guns irresponsibly so they will, in future, self-regulate and refrain from using guns.”

hashtag-YesAllMenUnlessProvenOtherwiseAndInThisCaseBetterSafeThanSorry

4 Likes

As if the world doesn’t already have too many under-cooked pizzas

3 Likes

Some heroes don’t wear togas.

6 Likes

Gun nuttery aside, this man is an idiot. None of the pizza chains have their ovens hot enough. If you want a fully cooked, edible pizza and not just diarrhea fuel, you have to insist on “WELL DONE.” America is not Sicily, there is no law that requires a 700 degree brick oven before you can call it pizza. Domino’s, Poppa Asshole, Pizza Hut, whatever, if you don’t DEMAND extra cook time you will have a pizza with cold, raw dough in the middle. Dumbass.

2 Likes

So what did Kyle order?

Yeah most big box commercial pizza is doughy shite (unless you are into a big puffy bread dough, you be you!) We ordered Lou Malnati’s deep dish at the restaurant and it took >40 minutes to show up at the table. By that time we had already cannibalized several of our party, but I suppose I shoulda busted out my AK-47 (because I was scared! of starving?) and had the ladies at the next table offer up their pie in hopes of my not ventilating the place.

My Ooni makes pizza in 60-80 seconds (the stone is best at about 900˚ F). Thin chewy crispy wood fired Napoli style goodness (and you can make it puffy/doughy by going for a lower stone temp of like 700-800 a slightly longer cook time and not stretching the dough over much, dimple w fingers and go.

1 Like

I honestly would have expected someone with a raging sense of entitlement to convenient consumer goods and little concern what it takes to deliver them to have selected a rifle from the other side of the cold war.

2 Likes