Man thrown 30 feet by runaway bus picks self up and enters pub

I don’t normally get hit by a bus, but when I do…

This guy is truly the most interesting man alive.

9 Likes

a cold pint?

2 Likes

Have you ever had something violent and awful happen, and somehow nobody got hurt? It’s a moment that tests a lack of faith.

1 Like

Next round is on me, mate

3 Likes

Multiple times actually, and i must’ve passed the test. I am still a heathen.

5 Likes

Right? It’s just your mutant ability. Mine is an uncanny ability to order the beer that’s just about to kick.

2 Likes

Extra Protip for non-Californians:
The city of “Redding” in California is pronounced the same as “Reading” in Pennsylvania. You can blame Californians for that spelling. Except for some reason when they spelled the city of “Ojai,” California they pronounced it like the abbreviation for orange juice.

Further Protip for non-Pennsylvanians:
The city of “Lancaster” in Pennsylvania is pronounced exactly the same as “Lancaster” in England. It’s not "Land-CASter, it’s “LANG-caster.”

1 Like
7 Likes

Well 5 pints and I am feeling pretty numb.

3 Likes

He drinks a whiskey drink
He drinks a vodka drink
He drinks a lager drink
He drinks a cider drink

9 Likes

Will they send him a bill for the windshield, since he was jaywalking?

1 Like

Not a law in the UK, and it’s a stupid law in the States…

5 Likes

This is how we do up in Albion.

1 Like

I dunno. I tend to consider the Normans as Viking raiders who got some land rights, so same difference?

1 Like
4 Likes

And the fact that he gets up so quickly is remarkable. I don’t know where on the hardness scale getting up only a couple of seconds after coming to a halt after being hit by a bus is, but I suspect that I’d be a quivering mass of jelly on the sidewalk for a good half-minute at least.

8 Likes

There’s some folk wisdom that a state of moderate inebriation facilitates surviving falls and high energy impacts by loosening the muscles such that they then don’t tense and strain the body as much. I don’t know whether that notion is credible, but it occurred to me that if it is, this Englishman might be a beneficiary of a few drinks prior to his encounter with the bus.

3 Likes

He’s from the Culture, and he glanded some Charge.

(Not true. If he was, a knife missile would probably have taken out the bus before it hit.)

5 Likes

A toast to your health

4 Likes

Southerners, eh?

2 Likes