Man ties doggo to his chair — and comically learns why that's not a good idea (video)

Originally published at: Man ties doggo to his chair — and comically learns why that's not a good idea (video) | Boing Boing

1 Like

thanks for the descriptions of the videos. sometimes they take so long to load that the description is all you get.

3 Likes

Took ~40 seconds for me. The guy flopping over while remaining glued to the chair was worth the wait.

1 Like

Needs ballons.

1 Like
7 Likes

Good judgement comes from experience.

Experience comes from bad judgement.

5 Likes

Newfies are so awesome.
A couple who lived on the same square as my parents had a pair, and they were lovely, perfectly good (if boisterous) boys.

I can’t remember both their names, but one was called Bungle, which to Brits of a certain age, is just perfect.

5 Likes

But exceptional at being a good dog.

5 Likes

A few months back I tried to go into a local shop/cafe, but the door was blocked by a pile of chairs and a table.
A bloke had tried to tie up his dog to a chair outside while he went in to buy something, but the dog decided it wanted to join in the fun, and dragged the chair it was tied to into a table and a second chair, and wedged the whole lot in the doorway :slight_smile:
If I hadn’t been there to dismantle the barricade from the outside, I think everyone in the cafe would have been stuck for a while.

1 Like

I love the bemused reactions of the other dogs.

3 Likes

High prey drive; not a good choice for a service dog. He might potentially be a good tracker if trained properly.

1 Like

Malinois. They make good service and law enforcement/military dogs, but need a high level of engagement.

Obviously not every dog is going to be suitable for a task (I have retired greyhound that didn’t race because she doesn’t have sufficient prey drive).

End story of that dog was that he was adopted by one of the trainers as a companion animal and hopefully continues with his ungovernable life :slight_smile:

I was going to say he was going for a Nantucket Sleighride (Nantucket sleighride - Wikipedia), but I guess this was more of a Newfoundland Sleighride.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.