Man unclogs culvert drain

This one was work, but after every heavy rain, there are these spots on highways and even residential streets with a huge puddle, verging on swamp, because a single sheet of plastic got caught in the catch basin. This gives anybody a chance to be a hero, so I’m always surprised when I get to clear one; what was everybody else waiting for?

8 Likes

Join us!

We need everybody.

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/trashtag-trend-challenges-internet-users-to-pick-up-garbage/

I’ve got a similar situation in my neighborhood and I am downslope of nearly all my neighbors. It’s Keystone Cops nonstop hilarity if I am home when the stormwater starts coursing its way toward our house. Sometimes I have to take a shovel or pick and retrench around our house just to divert the water. Terrible design indeed.

12 Likes

Not gonna lie to you: my ASMR ain’t tinglin’ here.

4 Likes

I was half-hoping he was gonna find the skeleton of Jimmy Hoffa.

7 Likes

Next up: Man whose mission is to clean up piles of debris by returning them to the water body they came from. The fun never ends.

5 Likes

Doing God’s work.

I guess because God’s lazy or something. Or on disability but I saw Him surfing over the weekend so I sure as hell hope He’s not claiming disability just to avoid clearing these drains. It’s His work after all.

1 Like

Gosh, my internet feels faster already. Good work, sir!

8 Likes

Yeah, steer clear of those ticks, sir. My partner has Lyme. 7,000 people in the UK have undiagnosed/untreated Lyme, or: “Post-Lyme Syndrome”. (AKA - we’ve done what we’re prepared to do, now live with it.)

4 Likes

Weirdly satisfying to see the water move faster when the gunk is removed. And thanks to this fine gentleman for not narrating it while he was doing the initial clearing.

2 Likes

Calling Mike Rowe. Mike Rowe to the lake culvert please.

3 Likes

and to all that watched the video, you just spent 20 minutes watching water go down a drain…

3 Likes

Well, the water will be recycled one way or another, but the time we’ll never get back :frowning:

2 Likes

But does it get exciting, sir?

You’ve done enough. Have you no sense of excitement, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of excitement?

1 Like

Me before and after my morning coffee.

1 Like

It’s clogged culverts all the way down

2 Likes

It’s like watching this backwards:

6 Likes

Things get exciting about 4 minutes in.

Hoo boy do they ever! Hold onto your hats, folks…

1 Like

Turns out there is a whole channel on Youtube called “Drain Addict” dedicated to drain unclogging…
What a world we live in!

5 Likes

Hey! He’s got a kiddo, and I sure as heck believe this beats Sesame Street on endless repeat.

4 Likes

I really like how the sound of the water changes slowly throughout the video.

7 Likes