Man unexpectedly summons Beluga whales by singing, and they sing

Originally published at: Man unexpectedly summons Beluga whales by singing, and they sing | Boing Boing

14 Likes
17 Likes

27 Likes

Beluga 1: Yo, fam, I’mma eat this one, aaight?

Beluga 2: Dave, you ate like the last 3.

15 Likes

I’ve never understood why people yell and freak-out around animals, especially when they are trying to make a legit connection. Being rather quiet and gentle in your ways seems to be the smarter approach. Starting off shrieking can’t be good.

I talk to trees when I go for walks, so YMMV.

11 Likes

We just watched Finding Dory with the little and it was so sweet how they tied this simple scene back to her friendship at the aquarium.

9 Likes

Belugas be like: “Can you believe this yahoo? Sheesh! What a maroon!”

6 Likes

the belugas are probably going “Jeez, Jerry, now look what you’ve done – he’s getting IN!” and “oh god, don’t encourage him, he sings TERRIBLY!”

12 Likes

“Buddy, will you kindly SHUT the FUCK UP, I’m on nights this week.”

6 Likes

The Belugas are all clustered around this human trying to figure out why it’s shouting about tax benefits.

Tax benefits! Shampoo! Frog blast the vent core!
“Oh, hello there human … are you hurt? Have you some sort of head injury?”
Macadamia! Foibles!
“Honey careful, don’t get too close … this one might be rabid … maybe we can get it to go back to its friends?”

14 Likes

3 Likes

That should put off any bastard who eats it, just look at them (of course it won’t).

They do have comedy value though

2 Likes

Obligatory Lower Decks reference: Cetacean Ops
Kimolu and Matt (ST nerds will note the belugas outrank the main characters in the scene)

3 Likes

singing whales are cool!

5 Likes

Is it just me or does this seem FAKE? This guy just happens to be recording while the beluga are singing these things? And they don’t even notice?? Besides, the whales’ voices sounded suspiciously similar to whale voices in other videos this guy posted. And did you see that suit he was wearing when he went in the water? A little tight, don’t you think? Why is he trying to show off so much?
/s

7 Likes

Ok, you very nearly owed me a new keyboard there!

Showtime Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

5 Likes

Animated GIF

4 Likes

Well played.

6 Likes

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

6 Likes

He needs a bigger boat, with room for instruments. Oh, and less poison.

1 Like