Man pointing bong shaped like a rifle causes major scare in San Diego

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/08/man-waving-bong-shaped-like-an.html

1 Like

what kind of idiot would think that is a good idea?

13 Likes

I’m just glad no one was hurt. Police response to a comparable call ended catastrophically for Daniel Shaver

10 Likes

The Venn diagram of that kind of idiot and the kind of idiot who would buy a bong shaped like a rifle in the first place is a circle.

25 Likes

I support the jailing of people with gun shaped bongs. Ok, not really. But sheesh, just do meth like the rest of the ammosexuals.

6 Likes

I once had six cop cars converge on my house after I wielded a small, dayglow green squirt gun in my front yard on a major Tucson street. I’m glad that they didn’t shoot me, as one of the cops said he would have if he had seen it himself.
It’s a fine line.

11 Likes

I’m no behavioral profiling expert but I think he may have been high.

25 Likes

Cops called to a potential armed situation. The perpetrator is arrested. I played, “I guess he was white”… Score one for me!

10 Likes

Lucky he wasn’t a traditionalist.

8 Likes

Is it really a replica of a weapon if police can immediately identify is as not a gun? I mean we live in a world where police get away with shooting people with the excuse they think a cell phones in their hands is a gun and most people have a cell phone on them at all times in public.

4 Likes

Easy fix. Slip a rifle shaped like a bong into his stash.

1 Like

The video said “gold colored”. In my image search, this is the best I could find, which is technically a hookah, but close enough?

4 Likes

Talk about a smoking gun.

28 Likes

… completely unharmed. If he was a white supremacist they would have taken him to Burger King after.

7 Likes

9 Likes

All they have to do is say they felt threatened. The bar isn’t set low, it’s resting on the ground.

7 Likes

Mind blowing.

2 Likes

Was he stoned when this transpired? Because that’s a good excuse if he was, I’m saying anyways.

2 Likes

I’m going home now, and recommend everyone else does too. You win for today. Well played.

1 Like

Sure? Nobody asked what the draw was like yet…

5 Likes