Man who claimed wildfires were a government conspiracy was setting them himself

So he started wildfires to convince people the government was starting wildfires to convince people climate change was real. That’s a pretty twisted reason, even in the realm of Qnuttery. The problem for him is that he was essentially taking the government’s role in his imagined conspiracy - thereby, according to his own beliefs, working to convince people of climate change himself.

I never understood the right-wing fantasy about “Antifa” attacking congress on Jan 6th in order to disrupt the election they won, but in the context of this weird hyper-projection, I guess it actually makes some kind of sense to these sorts of people.

9 Likes

And we have the Parti Populaire du Canada. They’re pretty far-right, and I haven’t spoken to a single supporter who isn’t a nut job. Bumper stickers aren’t as much of a thing in Canada as they seem to be in the US, but PPC types are all in on bumper stickers which include pro-Convoy messaging, star-and-AR15 “come and take it” badges, and anti-vax nonsense.

6 Likes

How’s the separatist movement these days? Do they still have any traction?

3 Likes

I hadn’t thought about this before, but it’s true. These folks are the only ones I regularly see with bumper stickers these days. Even if they’re not overtly political ones, they’re still there.

4 Likes

After the close call back in the 90s they’ve faded as a force. The deal - simplified - was that they’d long used the threat of separation to get concessions, and the younger folk were getting fed up with this distraction and worried that they’d accidentally wind up with a majority yes vote. They got close to that happening in the 90s.

5 Likes

That is a beautiful catch :smile::+1: I do like erudite nonsense.

6 Likes

Should be “because he high-fives blazes, over the snort of a mouth.”

No need to’ heart’ me. I’m only here to help.

4 Likes

You could bee right. 1 Miel = 2 kilometres if the bees take the 533 km road route.

@beschizza 's use of French was kind. And it was sweet how it avoided the sting of using Metric.

5 Likes

Is “Quebec man” a thing in Canada

If you said ‘Quebec Man’ to me, my first thought would be ‘can play a stupid number of instruments’, maybe followed by ‘puts bacon in every dish’ - if you wanted quick stereotypes. ‘Sets fires to prove conspiracy theories’ wouldn’t make my list.

7 Likes

Then there’s Romana Didulo.

4 Likes

Writing many posts a day sometimes does it, you don’t see your own mistakes.

I’ve corrected every typo. :honeybee:

3 Likes

Bien vu, mon lutin.

2 Likes

Didn’t someone tell us to be the false flag operation we imagine we see in the world?

It was vaguely inspiring sounding and went something like that.

4 Likes

Lutins? Sacre bleu! Seuls les elfes anglais ici. Parce nous ont toujours notre miels à notre manches…

5 Likes

monty python lol GIF

11 Likes

Fetchez la vache!

2 Likes

3 Likes

The definition of a meme.

Maybe he was telling the truth. It is not possible to rule out the hypothesis that he really is an agent of the shadow cabinet, a minion of the deep state.

You are right. Crackpots without borders.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/23/asia/japan-qanon-yamatoq-sentenced-intl-hnk/index.html

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.