Man who claims he became a marshal after President Trump enacted martial law arrested for trying to steal car, say police

That’d be like herding rats.

3 Likes

Even for Pat Mills and Kevin O’Neill that is one fucked up comic series. It makes Nemesis look positively boring and normal.

8 Likes

It was mid to late 1980s fare, and par for the course back then. A sort of Judge Dredd meets Watchmen story, with no censors. Fitting for the era which also gave us Howard Chaykin’s American Flagg! series, or really any of the First Comics series.

3 Likes

I’d like to be King of Old Londinium and wear a shiny hat.

4 Likes

Uh, yeah, I’ve read it, that’s how I know.

10 Likes

Any relation?

4 Likes

Poor snowflake thinks when TFG won the electoral college his luck would finally change and he’d be on top of the heap for once!

Nope, sorry snowflake. You’re still a Pabst-swillin resident of Losertown.

3 Likes

Well, only if your name is Marshall, obviously.

2 Likes

Part of why I like you so much is that you have read some of the weird indie comics that the 1980s pumped out. Ah, the good old days before Dave Sim went mad, when Eastman and Laird came up with a quartet of homicidal chelonians, when Pat Bisley wrote Slaine: the Horned God along with Marshal Law. When it mattered if you played D&D or AD&D, or all other sorts of things that I am now assuming about you and is probably wrong because I am just projecting my own youth onto you like some badly aligned camera.

As fun as it was to spout off the above, it hit me that it might be the same mechanism that underlies the idiot who marshalled up the audacity to claim he was a marshal, a minor resonance becoming a full “just like me!” leap into false conclusions. A lack of information coupled with biases.

Though I’m not going to go into an Audi dealership to test my theory.

7 Likes

No worries, I was indeed a comic nerd as a kid and know the difference between D&D and AD&D and by the gods it mattered back then!!

Weird how the world seems to have turned a bit “Third World War” from Crisis magazine. Prescient buggers these comic creators…

We all do a bit of that, every single one of us has only the one viewpoint colouring our experiences and it is why we all leap to conclusions, though usually around here not as far or as stupidly as the man mentioned in the article. Now there’s a guy who needs to read more widely.

6 Likes

There’s going to be a lot more of these dingbats who think, through one weird trick, that they’re some kind of law enforcer.

Story is in the UK, but there’s been similar stuff in Canada and USA.

4 Likes

Ooh, can I be Sky Marshal? I really hate bugs.

1 Like

If you pay me one cent I’ll deputize you as Penny Marshall.

3 Likes

How about “flummoxed?”
As in, “Why haven’t the Q troops swept in like they told me they would? I sent the message and everything! They should be here by now!”

3 Likes
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.