Man who filmed fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery is arrested for murder, 3rd arrest in Georgia investigation

And here’s Justice without the Chase Bank logos:

6 Likes

Remember, these people are being arrested because we saw the video.

Not because the cops saw the video.

We need an investigation into the cover up inside the police department as well.

25 Likes

I’d like to see them all get the same thing. Accomplices have been sentenced to very long prison terms, and to death in some cases:

5 Likes

I wasn’t clear how chase was involved. Thank you.

3 Likes

You weren’t aware of the sponsorship deal Chase has worked out with the Justice Department? They obviously aren’t getting their money’s worth out of this marketing campaign.

Welcome to 'MURICA! Where everything, including justice, is for sale.

3 Likes

Nice work, TheDevil_LLC, if that is your real name!

7 Likes

If we swapped skin color in this situation all three would already be tried and convicted. But because of the particulars I don’t have much hope we get a single conviction.

3 Likes

We’re all worthless here.

3 Likes

Nuh-uh!

Biased stereotypes and glib over-generalizations suck, and NOT in the good way.

10 Likes

How did he know to be where he was, filming before the confrontation began? Why do hear him cocking a gun in the video? All interesting questions.

1 Like

What cops? You mean the retired guy and his non cop son?

They come, of course from a series of articles on Chase’s binding arbitration clause.

1 Like

According to BBC he was also chasing down Arbery, and blocked him in at some point (I guess helping lead to his death as he couldn’t escape the murderers).

2 Likes

Even then a trained law enforcement official would (in any other country) be required and expected to defuse the situation with non lethal means if at all possible. And anyway, this wasn’t a self defense matter anyway, it was premeditated murder.

3 Likes

Watched the 13 minute video in the article, of the cops hassling him for being in the park.

While trying to get permission to search the car the cop tells him he is not worried about weed. Then after he left, the cop pretends to smell weed from the window crack and see stems. He tries to talk the other cops into towing the car and inventorying it with no articulated concerns other than weed.

Lesson: Cops are allowed to lie to you when attempting to incriminate you. You are not allowed to lie to them. That asymmetry is one reason no lawyer ever advises talking to cops who suspect you of a crime.

If I ever get into a situation where a cop suspects me of a crime it would be fun to ask him whether he is allowed to lie to me. If he says no he’s a liar. If he says yes, why would I trust anything he says.

The other disturbing thing was that a cop who arrives on the scene late just walks up and tried to tase him, without any justification. Afterwards there is discussion of whether to file an incident report in case they get accused of unjustified use of force. They decide not to file a report. WTF… is there really no need to have any paper trail at all when an officer dishcarges a potentially lethal weapon?

3 Likes

The videographer isn’t a “hero”. I believe he was filming it not to protect the right of the victim being pursued, but to vindicate that they were indeed hunting down “a criminal.” That is the irony of this video: these guys thought they were protecting themselves by making it, but if it hadn’t been made, they would have gotten away with it.

3 Likes

Its called “Felony Murder”. If a homicide is committed in the process of committing a major felony (other than assault or conspiracy), then all people involved are charged with that homicide.

3 Likes

Let me be clear-

If this guy is actually involved too, then I hope they throw the book at him.

I had assumed that because of so many previous cases of cops arresting people videoing them doing wrong and people providing videos that solved cases like this being harassed instead of celebrated that this man was being unfairly targeted.

If he is actually part of the problem and part of the reason this man died I want to see his ass in jail now.

Yep, if he was part of the vigilante group, he is as culpable for the crimes. Just like if you rob a bank and kill someone, the get away driver is charged as well.

I expect the guy and his lawyers to employ the “I wasn’t with these guys.” defense.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.