Man who poses with "plastic" crocodile learns the hard way that it's alive

Originally published at: Man who poses with "plastic" crocodile learns the hard way that it's alive | Boing Boing

2 Likes

12 meters? He’s gonna need a bigger selfie stick.

13 Likes

“but did he died?”

4 Likes

You never know with some of those amusement parks. I still have the bite marks from a trip to Disneyland when I got too close to what I’d naively assumed was merely an animatronic Abraham Lincoln.

40 Likes

17 Likes

About 25 years ago we were visiting friends in FLA and spent a day with a guy who took my brother and me bass fishing. We saw several alligators, of course.
The guide noted to us that earlier in the week he took a couple guys out and one of them jumped in the water so his friend could take his photo with an alligator they were near. Thankfully for him it swam off.

8 Likes

That croc probably wasn’t even hungry. It just took a slight nibble as a reflex.

1 Like

Thank you for the warning regarding the video content!

1 Like

Forget the plastic, get the classic.

2 Likes

12 meters he would have been gone in one bite.

6 Likes

I had the privilege of working at Everglades National Park one winter. It was surprising how many people thought those were faux 'gators lined up along Shark Valley Rd on warm days. And how many people wanted me to take a picture of them with one.

11 Likes

The albino alligator at the San Francisco Academy of Science absolutely looks like a marble statue when it’s not moving. I thought it was the first time or two I saw it.

5 Likes

I heard a kid lost his arm to a rogue William Henry Harrison.

7 Likes

Doubt.

Anyone know if crocs get bigger in captivity than they do in the wild?

1 Like

Went to pick up a rubber snake in the yard once but it slithered away. Big one, my first encounter with an actual snake out in the wild.

1 Like

More like: When Good Selfies Go Bad!

Or: When Selfies Attack!!

1 Like
4 Likes

“There were no advisories warning us not to enter the enclosure,” Nehemias’ daughter, Mercy Joy Chipada, said. “Because if there were, we would never have gone there.”

One word…ENCLOSURE.

Mario Lopez Football GIF

8 Likes

Some have said that the man was stupid. I say that the crocodile was clever for so adeptly imitating a piece of plastic!

1 Like

That one word can cover a whole lot of ground. If he scaled over a six-foot high chain-link fence, then he deserves to be called an idiot. Conversely, if there really were no warning signs surrounding a… space… containing at least one live crocodile, then the park bears some responsibility.