Man who was ordered by his AI girlfriend to break into Windsor Castle with a loaded crossbow to kill Queen Elizabeth says he's sorry

Originally published at: Man who was ordered by his AI girlfriend to break into Windsor Castle with a loaded crossbow to kill Queen Elizabeth says he's sorry | Boing Boing

5 Likes

“Replika claims to let users express themselves in a safe and nurturing way”

10 Likes

They should never have made “the leprechaun that sits on Ralph Wiggum’s shoulder” a selectable personality for an AI girlfriend.

9 Likes

He also tells Sarai he loves her and describes himself as a “sad, pathetic, murderous Sikh Sith assassin who wants to die”, the court heard.

Sounds like a pretty unhealthy relationship.

archer-mitsuko

14 Likes

It sounds more like he already had his heart set on this (for some reason) and his AI girlfriend was just being supportive of his terrible, terrible life choices.

16 Likes

Sometimes you read a news story, and there’s a cool techno thing and you realize you’re living in a neat science fiction universe compared to where we were when I was a kid. This is not one of those stories.

21 Likes

I guess it’s more original than saying that Trump told me to.

7 Likes

… is this a pun I don’t understand :confused:

2 Likes

20 Likes

That reminds me of the warnings that came with certain products during the prohibition era that explained how NOT to accidentally make alcohol from them.

Vine-Glo - Wikipedia.

15 Likes

When alcohol was prohibited in the US you could buy a ‘wine brick’ that came with instructions that warned what you should not do with it because an illegal alcoholic beverage would result.

10 Likes

The queen died of natural causes, so isn’t the case moot?

1 Like

I don’t get the headline @frauenfelder . The posted snippet has the human saying he’s going to kill the queen, not the bot telling him to kill the queen.

I like you, but… oof.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m confused by this line.

1 Like

Also came to ask if there was some other meaning of the word ‘chail’ that I was completely unaware of. @frauenfelder

And as @robotmonkeys notes, the headline is NOT what happened. Perhaps ‘encouraged’ might have been slightly more accurate than ‘ordered’.

2 Likes

Charlie Brooker must be feeling a bit redundant because Black Mirror is just writing itself now.

2 Likes

Chail is the guy’s name.

“Natural causes” Yeah right. If you call a wooden stake through the heart “natural”.

What are the royals covering up? (I mean besides Prince Andrew.)

1 Like

Yes, I think we all know that - but it makes no sense in the sentence quoted UNLESS there is another meaning some of us are entirely unaware of

1 Like

It’s a typo. There’s nothing more to it than that. It’s not even grammatical,.

EDIT: A sentence ending in ,. What could it mean?