Man whose penis "just dropped off onto the floor” grew a new one his arm 

Originally published at: Man whose penis "just dropped off onto the floor" grew a new one his arm  | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Matt Gaetz just fell on the floor?

18 Likes

Thanks for giving me (yet) something else to worry about happening.

18 Likes
34 Likes

I can’t tell if the headline is missing a colon, a comma or a preposition…

11 Likes

This is what I thought after reading the title of this post:

“Grow a penis” is an anagram for Spiro Agnew.

30 Likes

PertinentBeneficialCardinal-max-1mb

10 Likes

Thank you, Dick Cavett!

15 Likes

Christ-on-a-crutch, that nightmare I had is coming true!

5 Likes

Well, he could always grow a new colon. . . .

13 Likes

What kind of bs is it that they blur all of the images!?! Of all the things the internet is useful for, sharing pictures of a reconstructed penis on an Englishman’s arms is surely near the top of the list.

ETA: Great minds think alike…

Click through for the goods.

16 Likes

That would make for an interesting conversation piece.

6 Likes
12 Likes

A valuable lesson was learned.

5 Likes

A dark gritty reboot of the 6 Million Dollar Man?

8 Likes

This can happen for real?!!

2 Likes

It’s Channel 4, which is not part of the BBC.

However, the title put me in mind of the following two Mitchell & Webb sketches:

and

but these are sending up Channel 5, not 4.

I’m sure it will be dealt with much more sensitively than if it were being shown on that other channel.

5 Likes

We can make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster.

Well, since they put in hydraulics I’d say that technically this is a bionic penis.

8 Likes

Yes. Didn’t have that on your bingo card, did you.

8 Likes

I understand most people’s reactions are to the penis falling off part of the story, but phalloplasty is a surgery that’s not exactly new. I do find it odd that they grew it on his arm? I didn’t watch the video, maybe they explained why, but that’s not typically what’s done with trans men undergoing a phalloplasty as far as I know, so I’m curious why they did that here.

ETA: Ok, I watched the video, and it’s actually kind of sad. He’s had the constructed penis on his arm for four years now waiting on the surgery to graft it onto his groin. It was delayed once because of his health, and then COVID happened, and so he’s still waiting. He seems to have a good attitude about it, though. I still don’t understand why they did it this way.

11 Likes