Man with "I Eat A**" bumper sticker charged with possession of obscene material

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/07/man-with-i-eat-a-bumper.html

3 Likes

Obscene? Maybe. Bad taste? Definitely.

15 Likes

That deputy better fucking drive to mar a lago and arrest trump right now if he cares so damn much about obscenity.

37 Likes
43 Likes

Dillon Shane Webb, 23, of Southeast Dan Court, faces charges of possession of obscene material, a first-degree misdemeanor, and resisting arrest, also a first-degree misdemeanor, after he refused to remove a sticker on his rear window

Sounds like the cop could still have arrested Webb even if he followed the officer’s orders since the charge is possession of obscene material, not display of obscene material.

I’m wondering just how overly broad Florida’s obscenity law is, or whether the cop was really, really reaching, or both?

8 Likes

I better go peel the “I :heart: Uranus” sticker off of my Winnebago, then.

35 Likes

So the driver like to eat donkeys? Seems an odd choice, but I fail to see what is obscene?

24 Likes
11 Likes

can we start arresting “truck nuts” people too?

45 Likes

After the article on vanity plate review, I saw this the other day: RU ORNY2

6 Likes

I’m reminded of Mike Diana whose life was turned upside down due to obscenity laws over his “Boiled Angel” cartoon. That was Florida too. For granted it might have helped boost his career, but still…

6 Likes

An ass is a pack animal. Most people don’t eat them, but there’s nothing inherently wrong with it.

6 Likes

So the man likes a nice ham. Not kosher, but good for him.

(Also, here we go again with making the simple existence of gay people or our sexual nature something to protect children from. How do you explain it to a child? Be a parent and fucking explain it to them.)

22 Likes

I’m curious what “resisting an officer without violence” means. Is that struggling? Running away? Just saying “I don’t want to be arrested”? Is it just me, or can people be charge for the “crime” of getting arrested?

25 Likes

That’s why you only do it after a shower.

23 Likes

Along with the occasional bit of corn or peanut. So at least there’s the benefit of fiber.

Related…

11 Likes

What is the context for the image?

Where has this officer been for the last 50 years, Mayberry RFD? I think I was about 6 years old when I heard my first curse word, and was already seeing obscene stuff written on the walls in the boys bathroom in kindergarten.

6 Likes

Full Metal Jacket, 1987 blurred for profanity

Animal Mother : You a photographer?

Private Joker : I’m a combat correspondent.

Animal Mother: Well, you seen much combat?

Private Joker: [sarcastic] I’ve seen a little on TV.

Animal Mother: You’re a real comedian.

Private Joker: Well, they call me the Joker.

Animal Mother: Well I got a joke for you. I’m gonna tear you a new asshole.

Private Joker: [doing John Wayne impression] Well, pilgrim, only after you eat the peanuts out of my shit!

Animal Mother: You talk the talk. Do you walk the walk?

10 Likes

Huh. That’s a real thing in Florida.

4 Likes