Management by Musk: there will be no toilet paper until the stack has velocity

I track their actions and connections. Their motivations and justifications I’ll leave to someone who gives a shit better qualified. :grinning:

3 Likes

OH! You thought regulations are for people like Musk! Oh no! He’s ABOVE regulation, as he’s a…

evil genius superman GIF by Fleischer Studios

/bitter, bitter S

10 Likes

FWIW… here is what Johnson has said:

9 Likes

Not of the second part of The Big U?

3 Likes

The Gamer/Stenchboys are probably still wearing their training pants.

1 Like

Let’s see if shuts the water off in the bathrooms and installs coin operated adult diaper machines instead.
He’s become the Mr. Burns of social media.

3 Likes

tweet wondering GIF

6 Likes

I think this is always the case. I’ve met a lot of libertarians, and not one of them got where they are without a whole big pile of privilege and advantage. Whether it’s generational wealth, getting alumnied into the best schools, or being given a primo job at daddy’s company… it’s always something.

I’ve always said, libertarianism is weaponized privilege blindness.

14 Likes

But wouldn’t it be delicious if Musk’s Twitter is taken down by OSHA much the way Al Capone was taken down by the IRS?

8 Likes

That’s the great irony of his “80% of this company is talentless deadwood, let’s clear it out” approach. It guarantees that there will be a higher concentration of worse employees at the end.

As useless dead weight myself, for a different employer, I know what I’m talking about. Who would hire me? Doesn’t matter, I already have this job. It’s pretty sweet, I get to meet all kinds of really talented people, briefly!

11 Likes

When the “people” see that they are all doing the work and making the rich richer by the huge income gap but inflation continues unchecked so their buying power is eroding to the point of homelessness then maybe “people” will all walk off their jobs except small business…(hoping small business members this and reward “people” after corporations start going under) corporations control the government and your lives and if they are breaking labor laws (which he is I’m sure) the government is being paid to look the other way.

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-12-31/twitter-sued-for-nonpayment-of-rent-on-san-francisco-office?sref=ExbtjcSG

Is Musk really so hard-up for cash that it’s worth the hit to reputation to not pay these bills? The rent due for the SF office is only $136k, which should be infinitesimally small for a billionaire. Even one that took a major financial loss this year.

7 Likes

Using the normalization rule of ‘divide Musk money by one million’ this would be like you or I skipping out on a bill of about 14 cents.

13 Likes

I’m curious why you put people in quotes there…?

6 Likes

IIRC, that one-Hamilton-high printout is the test results, not the code.

ETA:

This is my favourite Lego picture.

Margaret Hamilton holds a LEGO figure of … herself.

12 Likes

Twitter board member: “But where are we going to find someone dumb enough to take over the company?”
[Door opens]
Elon Musk: “Oh, hello!” [in the voice of David L. Lander, playing Squiggy]

7 Likes

Don’t Tesla engineers have enough to do already anyway? With all that work happening on vaporware such as “full self-driving” and Tesla Trucks?

12 Likes

No tp on Mars. :rofl:

4 Likes

12 Likes

No tp, people leaving the building without permissions are probably not coming back. This is just a trial run of the mars colony!

1 Like