Manhattan DA intensifies Trump financial fraud probe, Deutsche Bank and Aon employees summoned for questioning

What are the extradition issues from D.C. to a state, anyway? I’d like to see him handed over to New York state law enforcement immediately at Biden’s swearing-in.

1 Like

I think the circles that ultra-rich garbage people travel in are so tight that there is a tacit understanding that they will all play by a certain set of rules, and all benefit from the same. The individual prosecutor might not travel in those circles, but chances are that his boss’s boss has to answer to someone who does. And those rules generally do not include actual criminal penalties for criminal acts. Not to go too far down the road of enlightened centrism both siderism, but there is an obvious reason that Trump was “friends” with the Clintons, and it’s the same reason they went to his wedding.

3 Likes

This!

Back in my banking days I would deal with this on a regular basis. Not directly, as my loans never exceeded $100K, and averaged $5K, but the banks’ upper management would pursue large loans that represented 10% or more of their bank capital. Invariably the borrower would default on their loan, and the bank had to renegotiate more unfavorable turns, or risk being liquidated by regulators. Unfortunately a string of zero’s tends to shut down the frontal cortex.

A lot of zeros is still nothing, which is what you’re going to get from the borrower.

Unfortunately. :disappointed:

5 Likes

perp walk that guy out. Orange suit, cuffs and all. Keep his SS around because otherwise he’s going to get off’ed before the IRS can open up the books. SDNY, come on.

Oh, and his kids too.

5 Likes

I would like them to change the laws about tracing the money for real estate. Right now if you want to transfer $10 million dollars from one bank to another there is a lot of checking into where that money came from to stop money launderers. However, if you want to buy a $10 million luxury condo on billionaire’s row in Manhattan, there is very little checking on the source of the money, by law. So, there are these empty luxury condos in Manhattan and other cities. There sole purpose is to transfer money into the country. Customer A wants to get money from some Cyprus/Russian bank A to US Bank B so Customer A can buy Apple Stock on the stock exchange. Customer A cannot buy stock with a check from Cyprus Criminal bank. He cannot transfer money directly because an investigation will show he embezzled it from Gazprom or some such. He CAN buy a $10 Million condo with no background investigation. Then he can go to US Bank B and ask for a second mortgage for $10 million on the condo. He deposits this money into an account in Bank B and then writes a check to buy the Apple stock with no investigation into where the money came from. Bank B is happy. Apple is happy. Condo Seller is happy. Russian mobster is happy.

I think Trump and Deutsche bank were the condo seller and Bank B in this scenario. Trump wasn’t given loans because the loans were good investments for the banks, they were payments for services rendered. He helped Deutsche bank provide a money laundering service for their Russian mob customers.

I do not think he was the only real estate person to do this. The law needs to look into the source of money for all real estate purchases. The banks, the stock markets, the real estate industry and the mobsters don’t want the law to change though. Prosecute Trump but then change the laws that allowed him to do what he’s been doing up to now.

12 Likes

Barr it all.

2 Likes

It might be off to the Big House for him, but how are they gonna fit those tiny little hands into cuffs?!

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be “beautiful”, or “perfect” — as a soon-to-be former President would like to say — if an indictment were ready and waiting to be unsealed on 12:01pm January 20, 2021? That’s all I want for Christmas.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Could these perhaps be released like an event calendar. Ooooh let’s see what’s behind door number 7!

3 Likes

Trump_Putin_Money_Laundering

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.